Venison Recipes.......

chevylover

PIP ~ My Baby Boy!
We mostly have ground venison, backstrip and roasts.
Just looking for new ideas - thanks!!!

When cooking a venison roast, I usually add a can of pepsi, along with onion, potato, carrot, garlic, salt and pepper. The pepsi helps to tenderize and gives it a little bit of a sweet taste.

poster

When cooking a venison roast, I usually add a can of pepsi, along with onion, potato, carrot, garlic, salt and pepper. The pepsi helps to tenderize and gives it a little bit of a sweet taste.

I make BBQ the same way, 1-2 cans pepsi or coke and cook all day.
Falls apart with a fork - love it.

Fishn Guy

That's Dr. Fishn to you..
If you have burger

Venison Empanadas are pretty kick ass...
Bown 1 lb venison burger witha cup of diced onion... add 1/4 tsp pepper with 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbs of paprika, 1tsp sugar, 1tbs oregano...
refrigerate till cool
add 1 cup of feta cheese

spoon in pie crusts evenly and fold up so looks like pocket,

Back at 350 for 25 minutes

eat like mad

poster

Venison Empanadas are pretty kick ass...
Bown 1 lb venison burger witha cup of diced onion... add 1/4 tsp pepper with 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbs of paprika, 1tsp sugar, 1tbs oregano...
refrigerate till cool
add 1 cup of feta cheese

spoon in pie crusts evenly and fold up so looks like pocket,

Back at 350 for 25 minutes

eat like mad

Tried this last night - was a hit.
What size do you make your pockets, made mine 1/2 crust size, was good but a little dry.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
If you have a venison roast you can crock pot it.

In the AM put carrots, and red potatos in the pot, put the roast on top of the veggies, then sprinkle 2 packs of Lipton Onion Soup packets over the roast. Top with onions and let that thing simmer all day. You can come home at night and have an awesome dinner waiting for you!

belvak

Happy Camper
Pulled this thread up from a long time ago! Hubby has put 3 deer in the freezer in the last two weeks, so I decided to start cooking it. Started out the day with deer loin cut up into 1 inch cubes, carrots, onions, and potatoes in the crock pot with some beef stew flavoring and cooked on low all day. Yum!!

Venison Stew.jpg

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Pulled this thread up from a long time ago! Hubby has put 3 deer in the freezer in the last two weeks, so I decided to start cooking it. Started out the day with deer loin cut up into 1 inch cubes, carrots, onions, and potatoes in the crock pot with some beef stew flavoring and cooked on low all day. Yum!!

View attachment 99938

If you do any canning, it cans better than beef. Just make sure to get all of the fat off it first, it tastes rancid from the start.

belvak

Happy Camper
If you do any canning, it cans better than beef. Just make sure to get all of the fat off it first, it tastes rancid from the start.

I just bought a pressure canner. I might be trying that this year, depending on how many more Hubby gets this season. Already have 3 in the freezer! Roasts, steaks, loins, tenderloins, chops, sausage, and burger!