Vera's White Sand's

gigi6

Suz' said:
it's downright filthy. :barf:

We went there about 3 years ago - against everyone's advice - because my mom just "had to see the place".

I had a few of my grandchildren with me and it took 90 minutes just to get THEIR food! It looked like they had dug it out of the garbage can and put it on a plate! Absolutely HORRIBLE!

Vera did walk up - and was talking about stuff that only she understood. She was like one of those poor souls in a nursing home that come up to you and babble - just lost in their own worlds!

However - the evening topper was when we were finally horrified about staying there any longer after the kids got their food. My son went to the bathroomto take his daughter, and found another patron so angry - he was peeing on the walls! My son just grabbed daughter and ran out.

That was our experience with Vera's. Bad food, bad patrons - just BAD! :barf:

Josimmon

We went there when we first moved here, just to try it. Food was cold, service was bad, food not good and it was way over priced....yes it is an experience with all the stuff she has in there but not worth the trip....imo

cecelia0613

justbeachy said:
We were thinking of going one night. Has anyone been there? Does Vera do a crossdresser floorshow? Is it good? How is the food? :popcorn:

Okay, I just had to register so I could reply to this.

I live a few houses down from Vera's and thought you should know Vera's has been sold. It is currently being revamped, no idea when it will be reopened. Rumor has it they are making it into a fine dining/sports theme restaurant, but you know how rumors go.

As for Vera, I understand she is in poor health and has had to be placed in a nursing home.

So, if you never went to Vera's it's too late!

W

Wenchy

cecelia0613 said:

I live a few houses down from Vera's and thought you should know Vera's has been sold. It is currently being revamped, no idea when it will be reopened. Rumor has it they are making it into a fine dining/sports theme restaurant, but you know how rumors go.

As for Vera, I understand she is in poor health and has had to be placed in a nursing home.

Thanks for the information, sad as it is.

camily

Peace
cecelia0613 said:

Fine dining in White Sands :lmao: ? Yeah, that will go over real well!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
cecelia0613 said:

Thanks for the info.

camily

Peace
Shutterbug said:
Why wouldn't it? :shrug:
I just think it's too far back out of the way to do anything. Not trying to offend, but White Sands isn't known for "Fine Dining" . More like "crack alley".

W

Wenchy

camily said:
I just think it's too far back out of the way to do anything. Not trying to offend, but White Sands isn't known for "Fine Dining" . More like "crack alley".

Wow! I learn something new everyday.

Sleuth must surely be grateful that he sold his home there.

B

blueeyedtyrant

We've been twice and it is nasty but Vera is a nut!She used to be a silent film star and she will talk to you all about it.I wouldn't say it was worth it though.Maybe go for lunch?

cecelia0613

camily said:

Okay, now I have to write back on this one...while I also feel fine dining in White Sands is a bit whacky, if you've never been back here you don't know what you are talking about. White Sands is a community, just like other communities, and it is very unique in that houses range in price from the low $200,000's up to over $1 million dollars. When we purchased our home on the water several years ago I thought...oh no, White Sands is not the place to move...but now that we are here, it's obvious that this is a community that the people do care about. While there are pockets of crime, that is not the norm at all. In fact, you would probably fine more crime elsewhere in Calvert County.

The White Sands Community is very unique. All of the houses on the water are prime properties and the houses past Vera's restaurant are quite secluded.

My husband and I feel perfectly safe walking the streets in our community. The Community Association is active in neighborhood watch, the streets are well maintained, and individuals not abiding by community rules are dealt with.

So, on that note, let's not trash White Sands. Find someplace else in Southern Maryland to trash...

CMC122

Go Braves!
camily said:
Yet you got so in an uproar about snooty pants making a comment about Waldorf:lmao:

greyhound

cecelia0613 said:
Okay, now I have to write back on this one...while I also feel fine dining in White Sands is a bit whacky, if you've never been back here you don't know what you are talking about. White Sands is a community, just like other communities, and it is very unique in that houses range in price from the low $200,000's up to over $1 million dollars. When we purchased our home on the water several years ago I thought...oh no, White Sands is not the place to move...but now that we are here, it's obvious that this is a community that the people do care about. While there are pockets of crime, that is not the norm at all. In fact, you would probably fine more crime elsewhere in Calvert County.

The White Sands Community is very unique. All of the houses on the water are prime properties and the houses past Vera's restaurant are quite secluded.

My husband and I feel perfectly safe walking the streets in our community. The Community Association is active in neighborhood watch, the streets are well maintained, and individuals not abiding by community rules are dealt with.

So, on that note, let's not trash White Sands. Find someplace else in Southern Maryland to trash...

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't White Sands targeted by the county as a crime hot spot a few years ago?