Veritas Farm?

Hoover

Anyone know what happened to Veritas Farm in La Plata off of Rt.6? I drove by it the other day and it looked empty, over grown and fences falling down.

Just to verify - His ex GF came and reclaimed the farm kicked the person out with no warning and said she was going to restart HER horse biz again. The person who rented the barn had to relocate her personal 10 horses and find homes for the ones that were abandoned there by the ex GF the first time within 30 days. She leased this barn for 6 years. She did all this, worked a full-time job and took phenomenal care of these horses on a 23 year olds salary and ran a flourishing riding academy on her own. This was her dream to teach youngsters to ride. Veritas farm owners ex GF ruined it for the children. I don't agree with what she did and how she handled it. It was horrific to the children when it happened, they were there for a riding lesson. I was there. Police had to be called to keep her under control. She was tossing tack around the barn and even struck a child on a horse with a bucket. I was BF with the person who rented the barn and I owned one of the horses she leased for her program. Very sad how it all happened all done out of spite. Now the whole place is going up for auction.

Sandy02

Hi Hoover! South breeze was charging $575.oo... Not sure if she changed it recently?
Good God that is horrible what happened and not to mention so sad! Thanks for clearing that up about what happened. Hopefully who ever buys that farm will turn it back into a nice horse farm again.

Sandy02

Funny you say that because we were looking to move to/around that area in the new couple years. I have already looked into board there and its crazy! The best prices were atleast 1 hr away.

nutz

Just to verify - His ex GF came and reclaimed the farm kicked the person out with no warning and said she was going to restart HER horse biz again. The person who rented the barn had to relocate her personal 10 horses and find homes for the ones that were abandoned there by the ex GF the first time within 30 days. She leased this barn for 6 years. She did all this, worked a full-time job and took phenomenal care of these horses on a 23 year olds salary and ran a flourishing riding academy on her own. This was her dream to teach youngsters to ride. Veritas farm owners ex GF ruined it for the children. I don't agree with what she did and how she handled it. It was horrific to the children when it happened, they were there for a riding lesson. I was there. Police had to be called to keep her under control. She was tossing tack around the barn and even struck a child on a horse with a bucket. I was BF with the person who rented the barn and I owned one of the horses she leased for her program. Very sad how it all happened all done out of spite. Now the whole place is going up for auction.

Was that Riggies(?) human mom, Courtney?

purplepony

Anyone know what happened to Veritas Farm in La Plata off of Rt.6? I drove by it the other day and it looked empty, over grown and fences falling down.

Just to clarify that the clarifying that is being done is absolutely incorrect and I don't know where everyone is getting their information. Let me say this first I am not here to talk crap about anyone I want to set the facts straight so no one is confused. I am also not here to fight with anyone. The facts come directly from the source and myself. Also note that the main person/persons I will be mentioning has a reputation and I have dealt with directly.

So, the farm did go under that is true. The part about the person being "thrown" out is sort of true but the ex girlfriend did no such things such as throw things at people. The owners simply asked her to leave along with her horses because the farm was in the process of going under. When the person and her crew left they took all the buckets and feeders out of the stalls took some fence boards and attempted to take the round pen but was stopped and also wiped out the tack room. It was a disaster. The person who was leasing the farm DID NOT lease the farm for 6 years as I was a boarder their myself just a year ago. The ex girlfriend is not a crazy person like that as I know her personally. I also know the other person and I wouldn't put it pass her/them to tell a fib or 2 for them to becomes the victims. I would also like to know how her riding "academy" was so flourishing when she let her students ride in bicycle helmets and tennis shoes. I've seen that with my own eyes which made me a little nervous just because that's dangerous in my opinion

Also wanted to state that everyone of the boarders that were there including myself left that farm because of her. We did not want our horses and tack around a certain someone. So we all left and now don't have to worry about our horses and tack. Something that got me when we were still there is that she told a couple of her "lesson students" the my horse was actually her horse and she would be happy to lease her to her student. That was a big no no for me. So who knows how many times she used my horse with out asking me.

That's all I have to say I just had to speak my peace and let everyone know the full complete truth. Whether you choose to believe me is up to you which I know some of you will reply and tell me I am completely lying I know how this forum works sometimes lol but no worries ;-)

hope I cleared some things up for some people. :)

Last edited:

Hoover

I have to correct you purplepony. I was there on all accounts and witnessed the entire occurrence. I OWNED Maji at the time. I was there night and day with my horse and my other horse Cherokee. I also had a horrible experience and I will leave that off this page but I am not going to bash anyone. I just wanted to correct misleading information. What your personal feelings are and my personal feeling of COURTNEY are - are just that personal feelings. Karma will take care of it. I moved on that's what grown ups do. But for right now. Let the dirt lay. You and your crew of Courtney haters can do just that - there are many people out there who are not fond of you either and you don't see them posting your laundry on the forums or your friends laundry - I mean really are you that jealous of her???? Get over it already. PS - at least Courtney has a riding business - where are your clients - they were helmets - riding - whether they are bike, horse, motor cross - at least they are protecting they heads - They are children - if they wanted to wear a unicorn helmet I would let them wear it - ITS A FREAKING HELMET!!!!

Last edited:

erinjograves

they were helmets - riding - whether they are bike, horse, motor cross - at least they are protecting they heads - They are children - if they wanted to wear a unicorn helmet I would let them wear it - ITS A FREAKING HELMET!!!!

I'm sorry...but I can not, not comment on this. Bike helmets are not rated for equestrian activities! They are not safe for riding accidents. I would never let any of my students ride in bike helmets. Neither would any of the trainers I have ever worked with.

Link to Article on Bike Helmet vs Riding Helmet

Last edited:

purplepony

I have to correct you purplepony. I was there on all accounts and witnessed the entire occurrence. I OWNED Maji at the time. I was there night and day with my horse and my other horse Cherokee. I also had a horrible experience and I will leave that off this page but I am not going to bash anyone. I just wanted to correct misleading information. What your personal feelings are and my personal feeling of COURTNEY are - are just that personal feelings. Karma will take care of it. I moved on that's what grown ups do. But for right now. Let the dirt lay. You and your crew of Courtney haters can do just that - there are many people out there who are not fond of you either and you don't see them posting your laundry on the forums or your friends laundry - I mean really are you that jealous of her???? Get over it already. PS - at least Courtney has a riding business - where are your clients - they were helmets - riding - whether they are bike, horse, motor cross - at least they are protecting they heads - They are children - if they wanted to wear a unicorn helmet I would let them wear it - ITS A FREAKING HELMET!!!!

For one I'm not sharing any misleading information. But you're right I'm very jealous of Courtney. Wish I had her reputation and skill. My clients are right where they need to be away from people of this nature. Just to be clear I was not bashing anyone like you say I was. I was simply stating facts and true ones at that. If I have done wrong to anyone around me which I do not recall doing I simply own up to it and not become a victim of my wrong doings. But anyone is more than welcome to contact me and let me know what I have done wrong. Thanks a bunch. :)

PS- Most likely won't get over any of things that have happened, but thanks for the advice.

Hoover

Thanks for the correction Sandy02. I knew South Breeze was up there in price. She is worth it though. Leanne Smith runs a tight ship. Nice and clean place great facility.

Hoover

I don't really care what ANYONE thinks. I don't live in Southern Maryland any longer. I don't play in your sand box. You all can scratch each others eyes out for all I care. Vance and I have moved on to other higher pastures. I took a hard hit with Courtney. I lost my horse and I lost trust in people. I WILL NEVER LET ANYONE GET THAT CLOSE. End of conversation.

fredsaid2

- they were helmets - riding - whether they are bike, horse, motor cross - at least they are protecting they heads - They are children - if they wanted to wear a unicorn helmet I would let them wear it - ITS A FREAKING HELMET!!!!

You're kidding, right? The only helmet an equestrian should wear is one certified by ATSM. Double that 'only' when it's a child. Any trainer who doesn't mandate proper safety equipment doesn't deserve the title and I'd suspect every other aspect of their 'program'.

There are proper, knowledgeable trainers in the area. I'm always surprised when the less experienced variety flourish.

abcxyz

Thanks for the correction Sandy02. I knew South Breeze was up there in price. She is worth it though. Leanne Smith runs a tight ship. Nice and clean place great facility.

Exactly- some things are worth paying for, SHE IS!!

Price too low and you have too many horses. Price too high and you have empty stables. If she couldn't get it, she wouldn't charge it.

erinjograves

Now I am confused...who was scratching who's eyes out?

I could honestly care less what Courtney does and how many students she has. I am not going to base my worth, or anyone else's worth, on how many students they have and if they have a riding "academy".

I do, however, find it a bit funny that someone can address an issue with FACTS and then be deleted as a "friend" because of a factual statement.

I also find it funny how people can tell others to let things go when they obviously haven't done so themselves. And honestly, I know what she has done to multiple people and I have to agree - Some things are absolutely unforgivable!

Maybe I am just being petty, but I find the comment about "higher pastures" to be insulting.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
I don't really care what ANYONE thinks. I don't live in Southern Maryland any longer. I don't play in your sand box. You all can scratch each others eyes out for all I care. Vance and I have moved on to other higher pastures. I took a hard hit with Courtney. I lost my horse and I lost trust in people. I WILL NEVER LET ANYONE GET THAT CLOSE. End of conversation.

I thought you were selling Vance. Glad to hear you still have him.
:coffee:

Sandy02

It breaks my heart everytime I drive past my old farm (Veritas). My husband and I were even talking about trying to buy it back when it comes on the market. We shall see...

Mary Alice Good's barn is amazing...but I believe her board is over $400 a month.

Not sure how far south you want to go, but Dale Bowling has a nice place right off Rt 6 on Penns Hill Road.

Ive been meaning to ask, but the farm off of Penns Hill road... would you by chance know how much they charge for board? I've tried looking it up on the internet but its not listed. If not, no biggie i'll just drive by there this weekend and get the number off the sign. Thanks!