Verizon DSL Problems?

lamx

Anyone else having intermittent DSL connections on their Verizon account? Since Friday, mine has been on and off 2 to 20 minutes at a time. Tech Support insisted my modem was the problem, so I bought a new modem and router but the problem persists. Today, Tech Support insists my new modem is not set up properly, even though the new modem is acting exactly like the modem it replaced which operated just fine for over a year. I suspect that Verizon is having problems and either can't locate the cause or refuse to admit it exists.

Ed

Anyone else having intermittent DSL connections on their Verizon account? Since Friday, mine has been on and off 2 to 20 minutes at a time. Tech Support insisted my modem was the problem, so I bought a new modem and router but the problem persists. Today, Tech Support insists my new modem is not set up properly, even though the new modem is acting exactly like the modem it replaced which operated just fine for over a year. I suspect that Verizon is having problems and either can't locate the cause or refuse to admit it exists.

Ed

No problems at all once I switched to Metrocast about a year ago. Before that I had similar problems to what you are experiencing.

No problems at home on DSL, and using DSL at the office now, no issues.

If the new hardware is acting like the old hardware, I'd suspect the incoming lines.

By any chance, did you add/delete/move a phone in the house and neglected to put a DSL filter on it?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I would like to take a break from your regularly scheduled program to inform you all that verizon home services blows and no one, under any circumastances, should use them.

That is all.

Ponytail

Mine did that when I first got it a year or so ago. I finally got someone on the line at verizon that knew what the hell they were doing and it had to do with the password setup in the modem itself. I didn't understand it all then, and if I did remember it all, not sure I'd understand it now.

But it took a phone call, on a Saturday morning no less, to finally get someone on the line that told me the previous 3 techies that helped me do the initial set-up, didn't do it correctly. After that, it's been fine...

Until a few weeks ago. Have been having similar issues that started after losing connection altogether. Had to uninstall/re-install and it's been doing the connect/disconnect thing since then, randomly, and I just haven't had the time or motivation to make the calls again.

Keep calling. If your phone service doesn't go in/out, then neither should the DSL.

red_explorer

Same problem

Ed

Having the same problem in Prince Frederick.

kickstand

De omnibus dubitandum est
Lived in St Mary's county since 2006. Never had a problem with Verizon DSL. The only time I did have an issue, it turned out to be my wireless router.

Ed

Yes, mine has been acting goofy also. Pages not loading, getting bumped off, etc. etc. etc. Been happy with them but something's going on.

ciwmj

Ed

Been having the same problem,on and off since we have had Verizon DSL. Proves that you should not believe the commercials,they are no better than they are forced to be.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
We've had problems today at work with the internet going down. It's a pain when trying to process a payment.

Wenchy

Hot Flash

Ed

I'm in California and I am used to the intermittent lapses in service.

If my land line rings, I lose internet service (filters are installed)

Several technicians have been to the house, modem/router replaced (don't let them charge you for it)

The last technician spoke to me honestly. He said the lines here are old and the company is trying to run too much through them. They are making money "bundling" their services but do not have the equipment (lines) to satisfy the demand.

terbear1225

I'm in California and I am used to the intermittent lapses in service.

If my land line rings, I lose internet service (filters are installed)

Several technicians have been to the house, modem/router replaced (don't let them charge you for it)

The last technician spoke to me honestly. He said the lines here are old and the company is trying to run too much through them. They are making money "bundling" their services but do not have the equipment (lines) to satisfy the demand.

same thing here in hollywood. relieved to hear it's not just me.

BernieP

Resident PIA
They have an infrastructure problem that they are not willing\able to correct.

They could correct it, it would cost money and the number of customers down here doesn't make it cost effective. It's the same reason FiOS is in the way future.