Vertigo

mitzi

mitzi, I myself have vertigo. I cannot climb ladders or anything not on solid ground; I "don't do" rooftops.
I have a post somewhere here about my experience back in May.
Well, here it is.....snark and everything.....
http://forums.somd.com/threads/329561-Btw/page2

Someone sent me this. Haven't tried it yet.
http://77recipes.com/simple-fix-for-vertigo-video-with-instructions/

It's September now. How is the vertigo? Mine isn't as bad, it comes and goes daily. I'm still limited on what I'm doing, I can't really plan anything. I've resorted to using a quad cane for balance ever since I freaked out and froze at the Burch Mart because the parking lot was moving and I couldn't walk over to my car at the pumps. Hope yours is better or better yet, gone!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's September now. How is the vertigo? Mine isn't as bad, it comes and goes daily. I'm still limited on what I'm doing, I can't really plan anything. I've resorted to using a quad cane for balance ever since I freaked out and froze at the Burch Mart because the parking lot was moving and I couldn't walk over to my car at the pumps. Hope yours is better or better yet, gone!

So what did the doctor say? Any idea what's causing it?

littlelady

God bless the USA

There are many causes. The biggest disappointment in my father’s life is that he was accepted as an astronaut; but was, ultimately, denied because of vertigo. I have wondered if it is related to motion sickness.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Glad to know you are feeling better. :smile: My dot gets the imbalance, sometimes, because of her MS diagnosis, and they use the term vertigo, too. I don’t think the medical field can really, reliably diagnosis it.

After thought...I don’t put a lot of stock in docs. We are the best at diagnosing ourselves.

Last edited:

mitzi

Inner ear, crystals came loose. That's what he said, classic vertigo. After nearly 2 months of this, I've learned what I can and cannot do, what triggers it.

Last edited:

mitzi

Glad to know you are feeling better. :smile: My dot gets the imbalance, sometimes, because of her MS diagnosis, and they use the term vertigo, too. I don’t think the medical field can really, reliably diagnosis it.

After thought...I don’t put a lot of stock in docs. We are the best at diagnosing ourselves.

At least now it's easy to research what we've been diagnosed with.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Inner ear, crystals came loose. That's what he said, classic vertigo. After nearly 2 months of this, I've learned what I can and cannot do, what triggers it.

Ugh. I'm sorry you have to manage something like that - no fun.

mitzi

Ugh. I'm sorry you have to manage something like that - no fun.

Thanks for your kind words. No fun is right. It literally ruined my summer, even to do simple things like go to the pool, beach, outdoor stuff with my grandson.