Vet for turtles

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Was wondering if anyone knows of another vet that will see my turtle, I currently have an appt today at St. Marys Vet Hospital but they are so far away from me. My normal vet at Tidewater doesn't do turtles..

Or has anyone used St. Marys Vet Hospital I believe they are having me see Dr. Bechtold?

CraneTaker77

I took a turtle to St. Charles Animal Hospital a few years ago. They are the ones located on Doolittle Drive. The vet that I saw seemed pretty good with reptiles.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Are they the Emergency vets in Waldorf? Over by the MVA?

St Charles Animal Hospital is located off Post Office Rd between Industrial Park and St. Charles Parkway. It's on the right up past Industrial if comming from Leonardtown Rd. There is a sign for them on Post Office Rd.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Thanks guys :)

Does anyone know if St Charles Animal Hospital is better than St. Marys Vet Hospital.

Just looking for good care for my little turtle, since I can't go to my normal vet..

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
Thanks guys :)

Does anyone know if St Charles Animal Hospital is better than St. Marys Vet Hospital.

Just looking for good care for my little turtle, since I can't go to my normal vet..

i go to all kinds vet u should call them...they are the best in the area there number is 301-994-9919 and they see exotic animals. they are in the callaway shopping center in callaway.

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
last time i was at all kinds they were doing surgery on a fish. which i thought was pretty interesting. NO it wasn't a gold fish or any of that...it was some type of salt water fish.

Roman

Turtle

Thank you :)

I know it's been near a month since you were asking about Exotic Vets. I am just curious to see what was wrong with the Slider, and how he is doing now? I use St Mary's Vet for my Parrots, and see Dr Chabral. She is very GOOD with my Birds. I probably spelled her name wrong, but she is VERY good!

NatureCenter

Was wondering if anyone knows of another vet that will see my turtle, I currently have an appt today at St. Marys Vet Hospital but they are so far away from me. My normal vet at Tidewater doesn't do turtles..

Or has anyone used St. Marys Vet Hospital I believe they are having me see Dr. Bechtold?

i go to all kinds vet u should call them...they are the best in the area there number is 301-994-9919 and they see exotic animals. they are in the callaway shopping center in callaway.

Yes, Dr. Adam Terry is VERY good with reptiles (& birds). He used to be the vet at St. Charles Animal Hospital in Waldorf until he moved down to Callaway to practice at the All Kinds Vet Hospital. Considering where you are located, All Kinds Vet Hsp. would be the ideal choice for you and your turtles. I would suggest the St. Charles Animal Hsp. as a secondary choice and only if you could not get in to see Dr. Terry. I much prefer Dr. Terry's bedside manner and long-term experience to the newer herp vets currently practicing at St. Charles. St. Charles is be ok for run of the mill reptile stuff, but for reptile emergencies I willingly make the very long trip down to St. Mary's county to see Dr. Terry.

All Kinds Veterinary Hospital
20865 Callaway Village Way
Callaway MD 20620
301-994-9919