vet recommendations for St. Mary's County

CRHS89

I am looking for a good vet with reasonable costs in St. Mary's. Who do you use and what does a regular visit cost?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We always use Dr. Sara Pilkerton at Three Notch. Our Golden's last exam/consult cost us just under $100
Took my cats to Three Notch after Solomons burned down. Was really impressed with them but went back to Solomons once they rebuilt. Big mistake. They were down to one vet working so when I took one of my cat in for a well check, they ended up keeping him for 8 hours until they could get around to him! Going back to Three Notch from now on.

Travisio

Breton Bay veterinary clinic in leonardtown. Very reasonable prices and good availability for appointments.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Shots, vaccines and minor procedures, Well Pet Clinic. More advanced case, All Kinds.
There is a country wide shortage and All Kinds has been looking for another vet for several years with no luck. I do not think they are taking on new clients.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
There is a country wide shortage and All Kinds has been looking for another vet for several years with no luck. I do not think they are taking on new clients.
That sounds right. When I had to have Bubba put down last year, they took us in because we had been previous clients.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We always use Dr. Sara Pilkerton at Three Notch. Our Golden's last exam/consult cost us just under $100
Maybe I should switch to dogs instead of cats. :lol: Took Boone and Gracie last Friday and our bill ended up being $733. Two exams, four vaccines, one fecal, and some Revolution Plus. Still worth it though as I was in and out in an hour (they were running a little late due to an emergency earlier) and didn't have to leave the cats at the vet for the day like I did with Solomons the last time I went.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Maybe I should switch to dogs instead of cats. :lol: Took Boone and Gracie last Friday and our bill ended up being $733. Two exams, four vaccines, one fecal, and some Revolution Plus. Still worth it though as I was in and out in an hour (they were running a little late due to an emergency earlier) and didn't have to leave the cats at the vet for the day like I did with Solomons the last time I went.
IDK when you had your issue with Solomons, but we just had our dog Luna in for a yearly exam and a couple shots. We went in the afternoon and didn't really have that long of a wait. It's convenient for us to use them as I work within walking distance and I'm usually the one to pick up her gabepentin script. Poor old girl has hip pain.

My fiancé and future MIL had to take in an older cat in for euthanasia and they were very accommodating.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
IDK when you had your issue with Solomons, but we just had our dog Luna in for a yearly exam and a couple shots. We went in the afternoon and didn't really have that long of a wait. It's convenient for us to use them as I work within walking distance and I'm usually the one to pick up her gabepentin script. Poor old girl has hip pain.

My fiancé and future MIL had to take in an older cat in for euthanasia and they were very accommodating.
It was not too long ago. Happened twice. Cat kept 6-8 hours and no update from the vet. Knew the vet was closing soon so I called and said I'm picking up the cat whether or not they had done what needed to be done yet.