Video Celebrating Heroic Muslim for Ramadan 'in Collaboration with Facebook' Accused of Fakery

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Facebook promoting the Muslim holy month when it would never dare even to come close to promoting Jewish, Christian, Hindu, or Buddhist observances is noteworthy enough, but the video raised eyebrows for other reasons as well. Although the comments below it were a crescendo of praise and congratulations for Mohamed, some people on a private Facebook group sounded a discordant note. One woman wrote: “This video is using my daughter’s image (and several of her friends actually), claiming she was adopted by this man in California!!! Help! What do I do!! I am disgusted!!”

Another commented: “This video clearly shows him holding a doll in a pink blanket.” And it’s true. Five seconds into the video, and again at 3:04, we see Mohamed walking along carrying what appears to be an extremely small baby in a pink blanket, with only the hand of the little one showing, thumb pointing downward and looking suspiciously immobile and artificial. Maybe one of Mohamed’s adoptees is an unfortunately doll-like, plastic-looking child, or maybe there is more to this video than meets the eye. The Facebook commenter continued: “In addition there are multiple children shown as his adopted children that ARE NOT HIS ADOPTED CHILDREN. they literally have families, have not been abandoned, and using their images be it photo or video are not okay.”

631ff86f-28ac-4c15-8807-dc7c7f7b3770.png

Even worse, the commenter added that “not only that, but the adoption process in California would make adoption of all these children (at these ages) virtually impossible to happen as portrayed in this video. This is fake BS.”