Governor VIDEO RELEASE: Governor Hogan Congratulates Air Force Veteran, COVID-19 Survivor on Winning VaxCash Prize

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
ANNAPOLIS, MD—Governor Larry Hogan congratulated one of the winners in the state’s $2 Million VaxCash Promotion this week: Air Force veteran and COVID-19 survivor Gerard Dupree of Glen Burnie.

(Watch)​

Here is an excerpt from their conversation:

Governor Hogan: “I heard all about your story, and I was anxious to just get a chance to meet you. We want to get more people who are maybe hesitating or just haven’t gotten around to it yet. We want them all to do what you did and keep themselves and their families safe.”

Gerard Dupree: “I felt like it was important to let everyone know that this is a real virus and we should vaccinate ourselves. I was against it at one time, but once I got the virus and felt the power of it, nah, we need to vaccinate ourselves.”

The VaxCash Promotion, announced on May 20, is aimed at incentivizing Marylanders who have not yet received their COVID-19 vaccinations while rewarding those who have. All Maryland residents 18 and older who have received a COVID-19 shot at a non-federal facility in Maryland at any time are automatically entered into daily drawings being held from May 25 through July 4. Each day through July 3, one winner will receive a $40,000 prize, and the promotion culminates on the Fourth of July when one winner will receive a $400,000 prize.

To get vaccinated, visit covidvax.maryland.gov, or call 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829). The call center is available seven days a week, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

###-​