Vikings waive Moss?

R

retiredweaxman

Did anyone watch the Vikes/Pats game? The play I questioned was the interference call against the NE defender guarding Moss. Sure, it was interference - but I commented on that play to my wife saying that Moss could have caught that ball - it dropped 2 yards in front of him and he slowed up and "alligator" armed the pass.

I wonder if he knew this was coming and just gave up yesterday?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Did anyone watch the Vikes/Pats game? The play I questioned was the interference call against the NE defender guarding Moss. Sure, it was interference - but I commented on that play to my wife saying that Moss could have caught that ball - it dropped 2 yards in front of him and he slowed up and "alligator" armed the pass.

I wonder if he knew this was coming and just gave up yesterday?

I thought the same thing.

Not once did he play back or fight for the ball.. he was more a bystander than a player most of the game

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Redskins 1 is spooling up in a non-descript hangar at a secret airfield as we speak.

donbarzini

He will be joining the Cowboys because they have a record worse than the Redskins(and over half the league) and because Jerry thinks he'll be a good role model for Dez Bryant. Annnnnnd he wants to see if Wade's head will actually explode.

R

retiredweaxman

Oooops - maybe someone should tell Randy...

Moss has yet to be informed by the team of his release, though he is assuming at this point he will be waived, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL Network inside Jason La Canfora.

The league has released Monday's wire to authorized personnel, and Moss is not included on it, a source with access to the wire told La Canfora.

The deadline for daily transactions is 4 p.m. The Vikings could still elect to waive Moss later this week. Childress told the team he would do so today, but a source said others in the organization were not of the same mind.

The Vikings acquired Moss, along with a seventh-round pick in 2012, in exchange for a third-round pick in 2011.

"Randy is very sad to find out about being waived by the Vikings this morning," Moss' agent, Joel Segal, said in an e-mail to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "He has and always will remain fond of the fans in Minnesota. We will let the process of the waiver wire take its course and we will move on from there."

Segal told the Star-Tribune that he already has received calls from the Miami Dolphins and Seattle Seahawks inquiring about Moss.

NFL.com news: Moss still a Viking after Childress says WR would be waived

Rael

Supper's Ready
Well, I guess he's going to Tennessee. How long will he last there, I wonder? He comes across to me as a cancer to a team instead of team player (regardless of how 'good' he was or is). I guess the Titans will either work him in, or work him out like the Pats and Vikes. But I'm inclined to think he won't fit in there, either.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Well, I guess he's going to Tennessee. How long will he last there, I wonder? He comes across to me as a cancer to a team instead of team player (regardless of how 'good' he was or is). I guess the Titans will either work him in, or work him out like the Pats and Vikes. But I'm inclined to think he won't fit in there, either.

He'll be a model citizen there, working for a big contract for next year.

If the Titans got him, that means the Redskins could have had him if they'd have made a claim for him. :mad:

Mr. Snyder, would you care to explain why you let this spectacular opportunity pass? And don't give me no BS about the salary cap. Just think, this very weekend, we lowly Redskins fans could have been watching someone play football in our uniform who just last week was being thrown to by... you know who.

MrSnyder

And don't give me no BS about the salary cap.

:nono: Its all about the salary cap, signing Moss would have kept me from signing you-know-who in the off-season. I've already converted 80 acres in southern Potomac to prime dove-hunting country as an enticement.