Vintage costume jewelry

frequentflier

happy to be living
Since I am now retired, I have time to do all the fun things I never had time to do. For my current project, I need old jewelry- in particular pins, clip on earrings, barrettes and maybe necklaces and bracelets. So if Grandma's passed down treasures that you will never wear or are taking up room in your closet or drawer, I would like to buy them from you!!
Over the years, I have picked up pieces here and there but now I am in serious get on it mode! Going to hit a couple thrift stores today.
Thanks!!

NextJen

Raisin cane
I'll be looking through stuff to pitch/sell as I am getting ready to clean everything out of my house. If I come across anything that I have from my Mom I'll keep you in mind.

frequentflier

happy to be living

frequentflier

happy to be living
There are bags of vintage jewelry on ebay - reasonable prices too.
Upon your suggestion, I went on ebay and was overwhelmed! I bid on a few things but they limit you on what you can bid on. I have been outbid on other sites and am not saavy on sites like this. And you definitely have to wade through the junk.
I have wiped out most of the local thrift stores and have thought about going to VA for a thrift store trip.
This has been fun, though and I am so happy to be spending time doing what I want to do instead of what I "have" to do. And anything that gets the creative juices flowing is a huge plus for me!

frequentflier

happy to be living
So as I cut up mostly jewelry from the (probably 1940's and 50's) -clip on earrings and pins that were hand made, I often think of the people that wore these pieces of art and that worked in factories that made them, My grandmother and great aunts come to mind. Always proper in appearance and well put together, they were always lovely with their clip on earrings and broaches and pins!
A part of me feels bad for dissecting of pieces of history but I know most people don't give a FF about their roots or family history and most youngsters would be mortified at the thought of wearing something so old.
I proudly wear my great grandmothers cameo broach on one one my jackets. The base is silver and the cameo is gorgeous and I guard it with my life in public. I don't care it's monetary value but I do remember my great Grandma and often think my Mom gave it to me by guilt ( another thread)
My sister has a box of jewelry in her closet from her MIL; which they have zero use for and no kids or grandkids want. Her MIL was a wonderful woman and I suggested she send it to me. At least "Sue" could live on in a wall hanging or picture frame ( there are a lot of options)