Virginia governor signs order restoring voting rights for felons

PsyOps

Pixelated

Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe signed an order on Friday restoring the voting rights of more than 200,000 convicted felons who have completed their sentences, in a move that could help the Democratic nominee in November's presidential election.

By using his executive powers, the Democratic governor is circumventing the Republican majority in the state General Assembly. Many of the convicts affected by the order are African-Americans or Latinos, two groups that have voted overwhelmingly for Democratic candidates in the past.

"Virginia will no longer build walls and barriers to the ballot box - we will break them down,” McAuliffe said in a message on his Twitter account.

My understanding is they will also be able to serve on juries - convicts judging future convicts. That oughtta go over well.

2nd amendment rights restored? Nope!

Another angle on this is Hillary will have a place to go vote upon serving time for her conviction. :lol:

This is no coincidence, since many of you know McAuliffe worked for the Clinton campaign and is a long-time friend of the Clintons.

Hijinx

My understanding is they will also be able to serve on juries - convicts judging future convicts. That oughtta go over well.

2nd amendment rights restored? Nope!

Another angle on this is Hillary will have a place to go vote upon serving time for her conviction. :lol:

This is no coincidence, since many of you know McAuliffe worked for the Clinton campaign and is a long-time friend of the Clintons.

After doing this he warns Republicans that if they keep objecting to this they will lose the convict vote.
Of course they never had tt to begin with. If McAuliffe thought one of these convicts was a Republican he never would have signed it.

tommyjo

Two thoughts...

1. The governor should have excluded major felons....there are different degrees of criminals. I know that is a concept lost on most here.

2. Anyone with an ounce of common sense should come to the realization that very few if any of these folks voted before they were convicted. So despite the large numbers of potential new voters, the likely number of ACTUAL new voters is most likely very small.

PsyOps

Pixelated
After doing this he warns Republicans that if they keep objecting to this they will lose the convict vote.
Of course they never had tt to begin with. If McAuliffe thought one of these convicts was a Republican he never would have signed it.

What a proud thing to have felons voting for you. If I were running I'd tell them to not bother; go ahead and vote democrat. I'll exploit the fact that felons love democrat candidate so-and-so.

Last edited:

Dontel58

Two thoughts...

1. The governor should have excluded major felons....there are different degrees of criminals. I know that is a concept lost on most here.

2. Anyone with an ounce of common sense should come to the realization that very few if any of these folks voted before they were convicted. So despite the large numbers of potential new voters, the likely number of ACTUAL new voters is most likely very small.

You have no problem with convicted felons to serve on juries? What about the rights of the victims? Also, you don't have a problem with one guy passing and executing laws that he wants? You know this is to help his buddy Hillary and you will defend them.

PsyOps

Pixelated
You have no problem with convicted felons to serve on juries? What about the rights of the victims? Also, you don't have a problem with one guy passing and executing laws that he wants? You know this is to help his buddy Hillary and you will defend them.

Let's get to the root of this... Can we really blame McAuliffe for doing what progressives do? The people Virginia put him there. Now they have to deal with this move that potentially makes Virginia a deeper blue state.

Last edited: