Visa Inc to start categorising gun sales at US stores

BOP

I believe them, don't you? Doesn't it make you feel a whole lot better?

Advocates say the move will help track suspicious surges of gun sales that could be a prelude to a mass shooting.

Visa Inc says it will implement a new merchant category code that will identify transactions at gun shops in the United States.

Saturday’s announcement from the world’s largest payment processor marked a big win for activists who have argued that categorising gun sales separately will help better track suspicious firearms purchases that could be a prelude to a mass shooting.

<snip>

Mastercard Inc has also said it will also implement the new code.

Following ISO’s approval on Friday, Mastercard Inc said “we now turn our focus to how it will be implemented by merchants and their banks as we continue to support lawful purchases on our network while protecting the privacy and decisions of individual cardholders”.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I just remembered something.... doesn't matter if you pay with cash or credit for over-the-counter sales. They still take and enter your driver's ID with the purchase. Did that here in MD, and did in AR. Just a different tracker.

Mail order the same?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've been using Zelle more often these days. Not sure how traceable that is or where the information goes.

black dog

Free America
I just remembered something.... doesn't matter if you pay with cash or credit for over-the-counter sales. They still take and enter your driver's ID with the purchase. Did that here in MD, and did in AR. Just a different tracker.

Mail order the same?
Sure makes me miss Maryland.

dave20

This is just a back door way of finding out who has what. If they don't want me to use their credit cards I won't. I'll do what I used to do and wait until I have cash in hand. As far as guns go they already have the 4473 plus the MSP check for handgun purchases. Welcome to the Peoples Republic Comrades!