Voice Mail in the Schools

Southern Belle

Does anyone else think it's faster to drive to the schools to speak with an employee rather then calling? Everytime I call the school, I get voice mail and my calls either don't get returned or they are returned days later.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
:shrug: I've never received a voicemail at my child's school when I've called during school hours. Always had a live person answer!

C

czygvtwkr

Does anyone else think it's faster to drive to the schools to speak with an employee rather then calling? Everytime I call the school, I get voice mail and my calls either don't get returned or they are returned days later.

Unless the school is across the country.

glitch

Devil's Advocate
I think that depends completely upon the site you're trying to call. If they have halfway decent administrative staff, you should get someone on the line every time.

awpitt

Main Streeter

Haven't had that happen. Always get a live person when I call the school. Teachers are responsive as well. Although, I do most of my communications with teachers via email.

Southern Belle

Seems like some schools answer the phones. I've called GMHS on several occasions to only get voice mail. I've been sent to voice mail when trying to reach someone in the front office several times. I called the school yesterday, selected 4 administrative offices to get all voice mail. I called again about a hour later to get voice mail again. I left a message with the guidance office yesterday morning and my call has not been returned yet. I'm not opposed to voice mail but I guess I feel if I select 4 offices at least one person to answer. I understand people aren't always at their desks but come on the front office, they even have office aides to assist.

TrueSOMDGirl

resident Spring Bunny

LHS is known for this. Many times you get the voice mail, and seldom are calls returned. But I was told it was because of a glitch in the system, that glitch has been going on for years now.

blondie4512

I have never had to call the school..... But Evergreen does these 2 or 3 a week call outs, its nice to be informed of whats going on at the school, but sometimes its a bit much...

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
I have never had to call the school..... But Evergreen does these 2 or 3 a week call outs, its nice to be informed of whats going on at the school, but sometimes its a bit much...

You must be on a different call out than I am because I only get a call from Evergreen's system once every two to three weeks. Never 2 - 3 in a week.