W

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
jazz lady said:
Yes, I have. I especially love the ones put out by CCNPP. Can you say 'total gridlock'? :rolleyes:

I thought that was why everyone in Calvert was supposed to won a boat. :shrug:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
tlatchaw said:
I thought that was why everyone in Calvert was supposed to won a boat. :shrug:
Won? :confused: :razz:

Believe me, when I lived in Calvert at ground zero, you realize no boat is fast enough to get away so just practice your "kiss your butt goodbye" drill. :ohwell:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
jazz lady said:
Won? :confused: :razz:

Believe me, when I lived in Calvert at ground zero, you realize no boat is fast enough to get away so just practice your "kiss your butt goodbye" drill. :ohwell:

Ummmm, yeah. It was the big drawing we were having, yeah. You wanna buy a ticket? OK, you busted me. :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
tlatchaw said:
Ummmm, yeah. It was the big drawing we were having, yeah. You wanna buy a ticket? OK, you busted me. :lol:
If the drawing is over, I don't really want a ticket but thanks for offering. :kiss:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
bedazzle said:
It's more convenient to blame a white president for what went wrong than to hold a black mayor and his administration accountable for gross negligence and failing to fully carry out an established emergency preparedness plan.

To hold Nagin and his administration accountable for dropping the ball amounts to letting loose the shouts and cries of "Racism!"
Shoot....start with the so-called Governor and work your way down.

And as far as W is concerned, he took the blame for their failures just to shut up the braying jack handles and the press they control.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
mrweb said:
Yep, the evacuation plans if something happens at the power plant call for much of the Southern part of Calvert to drive North right past the plant. :confused:

It is all trivial any way, chances of a part 100 release = nil to miniscule chance.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
AK-74me said:
It is all trivial any way, chances of a part 100 release = nil to miniscule chance.
But there is a chance..

Granted our facilities are built better and safer, but having lived in Europe during Chernobyl.. still have to think about it.

Government telling us we weren't in danger, nothing to worry about.. all the while they are telling us NOT to eat locally grown leafy vegetables, or let our children play in the sandboxes in the back yard...

willie

itsbob said:
But there is a chance..

Government telling us we weren't in danger, nothing to worry about.. all the while they are telling us NOT to eat locally grown leafy vegetables, or let our children play in the sandboxes in the back yard...

Isn't that because they fertilize with human waste?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Nope.. lived there many years.. and only got the warning not to eat leafy vegetables after Chernobyl.. and of course.. the sanboxes?

And human waste, cow waste.. it's all crap!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
aps45819 said:
Maybe he's showing leadership

BATON ROUGE, La. -- Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco yesterday took responsibility for failures and missteps in the immediate response to Hurricane Katrina and pledged a united effort to rebuild areas ravaged by the storm.
"We all know that there were failures at every level of government: state, federal and local. At the state level, we must take a careful look at what went wrong and make sure it never happens again. The buck stops here, and as your governor, I take full responsibility," Mrs. Blanco told lawmakers in a special meeting of the Louisiana Legislature.
PLAGARISM!! what did she do TiVo the president? I bet she'll get all kinds of love from rest of the donkeys, er I mean democrats. "Oh she really is doing the right thing by coming out and saying this." :rolleyes:

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
I don't think so. I think he's being a rollover liberal butt-licking wuss, just like he's been for the last 5 years. He's so afraid Qpid and her ilk will say something mean about him that he does ignorant things like expect the rest of us to pay for the damage to New Orleans (that wasn't our fault, we had nothing to do with, nor should we pay for it) and taking responsiblity for the LA grifters not doing their job.

Hey Bush - you have a mandate! It came from people like me, not people like Michael Moore! Get off your ass and start representing the people who put you and all those other Republicans in office, instead of sucking up to the DU!

:rolleyes:
[chorus]
I saw her today at a reception
A glass of wine in her hand
I knew she would meet her connection
At her feet was her footloose man

No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
And if you try sometime you find
You get what you need

I saw her today at the reception
A glass of wine in her hand
I knew she was gonna meet her connection
At her feet was her footloose man

But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need

Oh yeah, hey hey hey, oh...

And I went down to the demonstration
To get my fair share of abuse
Singing, "We're gonna vent our frustration
If we don't we're gonna blow a 50-amp fuse"
Sing it to me now...

But if you try sometimes well you just might find
You get what you need
Oh baby, yeah, yeah!

I went down to the Chelsea drugstore
To get your prescription filled
I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy
And man, did he look pretty ill
We decided that we would have a soda
My favorite flavor, cherry red
I sung my song to Mr. Jimmy
Yeah, and he said one word to me, and that was "dead"
I said to him

You can't always get what you want, no!
You can't always get what you want (tell ya baby)
You can't always get what you want (no)
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need
Oh yes! Woo!

You get what you need--yeah, oh baby!
Oh yeah!

I saw her today at the reception
In her glass was a bleeding man
She was practiced at the art of deception
Well I could tell by her blood-stained hands

You just might find
You get what you need

You can't always get what you want (no, no baby)
You just might find
You get what you need, ah yes...
:guitar: