Waldorf Vets?

havoc

I came on here several months ago looking to find a good vet in the Waldorf area. Thanks to you guys, I found a great one - St. Charles Animal Hospital. Everyone there is great from the receptionists to the doctors themselves. HOWEVER...I am finding them to be EXTREMELY expensive. I know you get what you pay for, but their costs are so high that I find myself thinking twice about routine checkups because I know it's going to cost me big time. I have an elderly cat who will not doubt be requiring some high cost care in the very near future, as well as two 9 month old kittens who have their whole life ahead of them.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced vet in the Waldorf area, that still provides great care? I know I'm asking for a lot - all of the care without all of the cost - but I honestly can't afford St. Charles and still want the best care for my kitties.

Thanks all!

lisaowensathome

I've heard good things about bansfield at petsmart. One of my neighbors swears by them.
I came on here several months ago looking to find a good vet in the Waldorf area. Thanks to you guys, I found a great one - St. Charles Animal Hospital. Everyone there is great from the receptionists to the doctors themselves. HOWEVER...I am finding them to be EXTREMELY expensive. I know you get what you pay for, but their costs are so high that I find myself thinking twice about routine checkups because I know it's going to cost me big time. I have an elderly cat who will not doubt be requiring some high cost care in the very near future, as well as two 9 month old kittens who have their whole life ahead of them.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced vet in the Waldorf area, that still provides great care? I know I'm asking for a lot - all of the care without all of the cost - but I honestly can't afford St. Charles and still want the best care for my kitties.

Thanks all!

cindles

There is one Well Pet Clinic in Lexington Park (301-866-0304) and one in Waldorf (301-885-0263) They both are low cost spay/neuter clinics and they both offer reasonably priced vet care. Both offer diagnostics and are run by Animal Rescue groups.

N

navywife1984

Thanks all!

I use Banfield at PetsMart in Waldorf. I have a 3 year old Beagle and we started with them when we lived in Virginia Beach and just transferred our program to the closer Banfield (we live near Patuxent River Naval Air Station but it is worth the drive.) The really great thing about them is their programs they have designed for your specific pet and you pay monthly which includes all office visits, vaccines, and other things depending on the specific program. I only pay $19.95 a month and you save quite a good bit because so much is included. So check them out. Good luck. :patriot:

TrishD

I took my dog to the Waldorf Well Pet Clinic 4499 Leonardtown Rd and he died when given a drug labeled for cattle & horses that the drug manufacturer stated, not recommended for cats & dogs, yet he was given this anyway (Xylazine) I was not told at the time that they were operated by last chance rescue. I was not told that they were using a drug off label that carries a higher rish for death. I do not recommend this clinic. I am devastated.

TrishD

Is your husband in the Navy? I know they have veterinarians at the base. Have you checked into that possibility?

dawn

I took my dog to the Waldorf Well Pet Clinic 4499 Leonardtown Rd and he died when given a drug labeled for cattle & horses that the drug manufacturer stated, not recommended for cats & dogs, yet he was given this anyway (Xylazine) I was not told at the time that they were operated by last chance rescue. I was not told that they were using a drug off label that carries a higher rish for death. I do not recommend this clinic. I am devastated.

:huggy: I am so sorry!

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
If you are willing to drive try Tidewater (Charlotte Hall, MD) or Rocky Gorge (Laurel, MD - Ask only for Dr Sallie - she is the best.)

Waldorf Animal Clinic isn't cheap, but maybe cheaper...they aren't a favorite of mine, but if you can figure out which female vet is married to the vet at Tidewater you wont get better care.

If you need some cost cutting tips PM me I may have a few I can share.

rabbithead

Why was your dog given Xylazine?

heirofaragon

You might want to try All Cats and Dogs Veterinary Clinic in La Plata, they are priced a little more reasonable with prices and they from what my mother has told me are good with working with you and your little buddies. They are just down the road from waldorf on 301 right before you hit route 6 on the right.

yknotpoms

SOMD POM MOM
You might want to try All Cats and Dogs Veterinary Clinic in La Plata, they are priced a little more reasonable with prices and they from what my mother has told me are good with working with you and your little buddies. They are just down the road from waldorf on 301 right before you hit route 6 on the right.

I have also heard people speak well of them, but I have not been to see them. They are in the plaza with the Nation Wide.

TrishD

My dog died at the 4499 Leonardtown Road clinic. Beware. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS CLINIC. They used a drug labeled for Cattle & Horses without telling me. My dog did not even have surgery and he died.

TrishD

Veterinarians

YES MY DOG WAS GIVEN XYLAZINE. HE DIED. The drug manufacturer stated that this is not recommended for dogs or cats. I can't tell you what this has done to me. I don;t want anyone else going through this. My heart is broken.

JoeR

YES MY DOG WAS GIVEN XYLAZINE. HE DIED. The drug manufacturer stated that this is not recommended for dogs or cats. I can't tell you what this has done to me. I don;t want anyone else going through this. My heart is broken.

I'm sorry for your loss. I noticed this happened last November. Did they ever give you a explaination as why they used this drug? I've used St. Charles Animal Hospital since 1991 and have always had great service.

jimbuck

Vets

Tidewater is great. We have used them for about 15 years and have had great luck.

The Emergency vet in Waldorf on the other hand we have not had good luck with. We use the one over in Huntingtown. And if there are special needs the opthamoligist in Annapolis and orthopedic up by BWI.

Ours are working dogs so we go the extra mile.

Jim

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I was as at St Charles Animal Hospital until they prescibed my beagle an allergy med that could cause death when combined with his seizure meds. I found this out after reading the paperwork that came with the meds. They said they were sorry...

I go to Waldorf Animal Clinic now and yes they are pricey too. I have yet to leave there with a bill under $200 for my beagle. I swear he is going to have a wing dedicated to him when he passes. Time to look for somewhere closer to Mechanicsville.

Terrylt7

You might want to try All Cats and Dogs Veterinary Clinic in La Plata, they are priced a little more reasonable with prices and they from what my mother has told me are good with working with you and your little buddies. They are just down the road from waldorf on 301 right before you hit route 6 on the right

No Way!!!!!

Terrylt7

NO WAY!!!!!!

Roman

Waldorf Well Pet

There is one Well Pet Clinic in Lexington Park (301-866-0304) and one in Waldorf (301-885-0263) They both are low cost spay/neuter clinics and they both offer reasonably priced vet care. Both offer diagnostics and are run by Animal Rescue groups.

I take my animals to the Waldorf Well Pet Clinic, and have had great results, and it's a lot easier on the wallet. You get the same medicines as the regular Vet, but it's low cost. I think it's $10 for an office visit. When getting the animals their yearly shots..it usually costs less than $100.00, and I get them any vaccinations they need. At a regular Vet, I pay more than $200 easily.