Wanna go Tarpon fishing? ....

Nanny Pam

rack'm said:
Isn't that amazing! I love stuff like that. I have seen many sharks attack bluefish I was reeling in. But a huge Tarpon!! :yikes: If that would have been me, I'd be changing rigs. I would have shark rigs slapped on those rods so fast! :lmao: Damn....now I'm all excited! :blushing:

oldman

Lobster Land
Great movie. Two of the largest species of fish I've ever seen in the wild. The tarpon I saw in Gimto were just huge and in the middle of the Atlantic I saw a hammerhead coming towards our ship, go under and come out on the other side. It also had to be huge.

S

StrwberryKisses

That was a smart shark. He let the guy do all the work of getting that fish reeled in. What an Amazing Animal..He was HUGE....I would love to go out on the water and see Fish and Sharks that big.

We were Albacore fishing off of San Diego and a guy was reeling one up to the boat when a huge hammerhead started after it. The mate was yelling to the guy to get it in quick. (Not an easy thing to do.) He got it about up to the boat when the shark grabbed ahold of the fish. The mate gaffed the shark just behind the head and the shark let go of the fish! We left for a different area right after that and the mate got a good tip.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
StrwberryKisses said:
That was a smart shark. He let the guy do all the work of getting that fish reeled in. What an Amazing Animal..He was HUGE....I would love to go out on the water and see Fish and Sharks that big.

I fish for Tarpon regularly in the Keys. In April/May we always keep a lookout for Bull Sharks. I have had them eat Tarpon and Permit that I have hooked up. Some of the Bull Sharks go 12 to 18 feet long.

Pushrod

Patriot
Here is a picture of a Hammerhead I took while diving:

Attachments

• 088GalapagosHammer.jpg
    088GalapagosHammer.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 83

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pushrod said:
Here is a picture of a Hammerhead I took while diving:
I've got over 400 hours underwater and only saw one shark (when I had a camera). A 4 foot hammerhead at Hanama Bay in HI. Chased him for about 20 minutes trying to get close enough for a pic and wound up with my finger in front of the lens :ohwell:

dck4shrt

Bird Dog said:
I fish for Tarpon regularly in the Keys. In April/May we always keep a lookout for Bull Sharks. I have had them eat Tarpon and Permit that I have hooked up. Some of the Bull Sharks go 12 to 18 feet long.

12 to 18 feet for a bull shark? That would be very unusual, and quite possibly a world record.