WaPo connects the dots between measles outbreak in Ohio and — you guessed it! — Orthodox Jews in N.Y.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Apparently anti-vaccine sentiment is on the rise in America, and it’s causing a resurgence in cases of vaccine-preventable diseases in children such as measles and chickenpox. The Washington Post has a new story about the issue today:

OK, well, that’s definitely one of the issues here. COVID vaccine skepticism is not the same as being anti-vaxx in general. All-around anti-vaxxers do pose a threat to children’s health as well as the health of the immunocompromised, and vaccines like those for measles and mumps and diptheria and polio and whatnot have been around for a very long time and have been well and comprehensively studied. That’s just not the case for COVID vaccines.

herb749

There are many parents that will not allow the kids vaccines for fear of Downes . Been going on for many years.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
WaPo, 1930 Germany called. They want their propaganda back.

Somali community. Don't you usually find those in Somalia? So much for the melting pot. AMerica is now more like a stew where you can look at it and identify all the various ingredients.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Somali community. Don't you usually find those in Somalia? So much for the melting pot. AMerica is now more like a stew where you can look at it and identify all the various ingredients.
too much black eyed peas, turnips and okra.

glhs837

Power with Control

Exactly what I thought. I wonder where the rise in anti-Semitism is from? Well, looks like we found it....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
💉 The Hill ran a breathless story yesterday headlined, “Ohio measles outbreak may be fueled by vaccine misinformation, health official says: ‘We’re all going to pay dearly’.”

They are really milking those Ohio measles cases. I wonder if it will be even worse than monkeypox.

I’ve previously reported that Ohio’s measles “outbreak” has not yet even reached 2014 levels. Still, they’re blaming it on some kind of new “vaccine hesitancy:”

“The vaccine hesitancy is something that we’re all going to pay dearly for the next several years from the COVID fiasco,” said Charles Patterson, the health commissioner for Clark County Combined Health District.​

Sounds bad! But if you carefully read the article’s details, there have been zero deaths and only 32 hospitalizations ALL YEAR. Fewer than three a month. Of those, 27 either had “unknown” vaccine status or were too young to be eligible for the measles shots anyway. The unstated point seems to be that a Utopian level of zero-measles would definitely be achievable if only everyone would get their damned jabs.

But the perfectly reasonable question parents are asking themselves is, which is worse: the risk of measles or the risk of the shots? The article didn’t mention shot risks or side effects, at all.

You know the answer.

Hijinx

Just for the record, I urge anyone to get vaccines that work.
Vaccines with a proven track record.

The Covid vaccine is neither it doesn't work and it's track record is that you might die from clots ,heart disease , stroke .

UglyBear

Just for the record, I urge anyone to get vaccines that work and went through normal approval process.
Vaccines with a proven track record.

The Covid vaccine is neither it doesn't work and it's track record is that you might die from clots ,heart disease , stroke .
FIFY.
One time I heard a lecture from a FDA lady, she described how many years (almost a decade) a normal vaccine has to go through trials before being approved, and that only 10% make it through.
This clot shot did not go through anything. It’s crap.
But now that one was allowed through, FDA is useless — I wouldn’t trust anything new “approved” by them from here on out.