Warmer weather is on the way.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Saturday was the most beautiful day - sunny and highs in the 70s. We had our Mardi Gras party on the deck and it was an enormous success. Hard to believe that just two days before it was 30* and we were all freezing.

My grandmother used to call it "sick weather" when the temps would fluctuate wildly.

glhs837

Power with Control
PLan on getting in a few rides, been too damn busy lately. This work from home has really cramped my riding hours :)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Last year at this time, my daffodils were starting to bloom. This year they are only up a few inches. But I did notice this morning my potted mum has several leaves sprouting from the crown. 🍃

Also amusing was last year I flew to a conference in New Hampshire and marveled that they had smow on the ground. :doh:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
PLan on getting in a few rides, been too damn busy lately. This work from home has really cramped my riding hours :)
Haven't been out riding in forever. Normally I get out often enough so I don't have to charge the battery, but it got low, so it's on a tender now.

Hoping to get the garage floor painted and get started on the flooring in the laundry room. Been too cold out there.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Last year at this time, my daffodils were starting to bloom. This year they are only up a few inches
Mine came up a few weeks ago, had flower heads. Then the cold came and they had major shrinkage. But I do see other green things pushing up.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Mine came up a few weeks ago, had flower heads. Then the cold came and they had major shrinkage. But I do see other green things pushing up.
Oh, the daffodils has been showing green for awhile, but all growth seemed to stop with all the snow and ice. Haven't seen any crocuses pop, but I haven't really looked. I was NOT going out and dodge falling ice chunks to do so. :lol:

glhs837

Power with Control
Haven't been out riding in forever. Normally I get out often enough so I don't have to charge the battery, but it got low, so it's on a tender now.

Hoping to get the garage floor painted and get started on the flooring in the laundry room. Been too cold out there.

Been a couple weeks here, might have to use the baby jump box to kick er over.

frequentflier

happy to be living
It is a miserable and dreary day. I am glad to be home now after running around in St Mary's. Going to throw another log on the fire and enjoy a hot cup of tea!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Oh, the daffodils has been showing green for awhile, but all growth seemed to stop with all the snow and ice. Haven't seen any crocuses pop, but I haven't really looked. I was NOT going out and dodge falling ice chunks to do so. :lol:
They did today! :yahoo:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Bike's getting a new carburetor, then I'm good to go.

See peony peeking thru the ground. Soon as I can rake a dry spot (HA!), gonna sow some lettuces and radish.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I started a bunch of stuff inside. Tomatoes, morning glory, some locust tree seeds I found in the fridge, hibiscus, mimosa... Morning glory and tomatoes are sprouted.

No peony yet, but I see iris, Russian iris, something else I'm not sure what it is....

glhs837

Power with Control

Hope you made it out, got to ride Wednesday and yesterday. And it did start right up.

Bike's getting a new carburetor, then I'm good to go.

See peony peeking thru the ground. Soon as I can rake a dry spot (HA!), gonna sow some lettuces and radish.

Wait, what? Went fuel injected in 2009 and never looked back. Like ABS, I'll never own one without it again.