Warning!!! Never do business with Sprint PCS

bcp

In My Opinion
Somdmommy said:
... and have at least 3 bars in our house, and all 6 bars anywhere else in the county.
Most people dont have a bar in their house, then if they do, they only have one, like in the game room or something.

do you think you might need to seek help for your drinking issue?
I can even believe you would worry about the other six bars in the county with three in your home.

Vrock

It's not that serious
Somdmommy said:
You dont roam at all.

When I roam, I get all bars.

If they wont let you out, get a new plan. One of the ones with Free Roaming.

Well, it's all taken care of thanks to about 100 phonecalls today... I only owe them for last month and that's fair. But anyway... no I wasn't even getting coverage roaming!

Vrock

It's not that serious
itsbob said:
If you ask anybody that works as a commisioned SALESman for a cell phone company they will tell you the same thing, but everybody knows that NO cell phone works in EVERY part of the country.. that's why they still have coverage maps. Buyer Beware...

Like I said, I didn't know when or where we'd be moving. FYI, after doing a lot of research today I found that there IS a military clause in just about every contract, cell phones included... You'll have to fight them on it but they're obligated to let you go.

TexasPride77

Eat More Beef, Less Chkn
SOMD = Verizon country

Valarocque said:
.... When I got the cell phone a year ago in Hawaii I DID ask if I'd get service anywhere in the US and they told me YES.

Well..if you had asked them about SMIB country....you probably would have been told no. I believe that Verizon and Cingular own all the towers in SOMD. I recall a conversation some years back...about Sprint leasing out a portion of the towers down here or something... just so they could say that the area was covered.

I currently have a Virgin mobile dispo phone...that I charge up.. They piggy back off the PCS net work... and to no suprise... I never get coverage. I found that I get no recption at all in LT...for some odd reason. But....then I look over and see some fella on a cell.... probably a verizon phone.

Molly

In St Marys Couniy. It's No Contest
It's VERIZON
It may change in the future but right now that's IT.

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
bcp said:
Most people dont have a bar in their house, then if they do, they only have one, like in the game room or something.

do you think you might need to seek help for your drinking issue?
I can even believe you would worry about the other six bars in the county with three in your home.
:killingme

Dont I wish!!

Somdmommy

Valarocque said:
Well, it's all taken care of thanks to about 100 phonecalls today... I only owe them for last month and that's fair. But anyway... no I wasn't even getting coverage roaming!
I think thats very weird. You had no Sprint Coverage, and you did not roam off another tower? Was the roaming call guard "on" on your phone?? In this county when I roam I get all bars.

Just sounds werid to me!!

Somdmommy

TexasPride77 said:
Well..if you had asked them about SMIB country....you probably would have been told no. I believe that Verizon and Cingular own all the towers in SOMD. I recall a conversation some years back...about Sprint leasing out a portion of the towers down here or something... just so they could say that the area was covered.

I currently have a Virgin mobile dispo phone...that I charge up.. They piggy back off the PCS net work... and to no suprise... I never get coverage. I found that I get no recption at all in LT...for some odd reason. But....then I look over and see some fella on a cell.... probably a verizon phone.
:shrug: See, I didnt know if I was going to have good coverage where I am, and where I may move to. So I went with one of the Free Roaming plans. I could care less where Sprint has towers so long as I can pick up another one!!

C

czygvtwkr

Valarocque said:
I DID ask if I'd get service anywhere in the US and they told me YES.

No cell phone company can promise or deliver on that. It was wrong of them to say this, but it was foolish to believe it.