"Warning to Pay Attention"

seekeroftruth

Hebrews 2:1 We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. 2 For since the message spoken through angels was binding, and every violation and disobedience received its just punishment, 3 how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him. 4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.
Got time for commentary?

We must give the more earnest heed: This is what we must do in light of Jesus’ superiority over angels. We must give more earnest heed to the words of Jesus. It’s easy to think this exhortation is directed to unbelievers, but this letter was written to Christians.​

Lest we drift away: If we do not give the more earnest heed, we will drift away. The writer had the drifting of a boat in mind, and such drifting happens naturally without an anchor to something solid. If we are not securely set in the truth of the supremacy of Jesus, we will drift into danger with the currents of the world, the flesh, and the devil.​
My Online Bible titled these verses "Warning to Pay Attention".

Today is Christmas Eve. I wonder how many people have said "Come on we gotta go!" over the last few days.

It's easy to get swept up in the holidays, family, work, school, and all the worldly responsibilities life throws our way. I was in the mall yesterday; I didn't see any Nativity Sets displayed in the shop windows. Hubby sent me a link to Porky Pig's "Blue Christmas". There are grinches and elves on shelves everywhere... but there are no Nativity Sets.

There's a movie that came out a few years ago. You remember "Home Alone"? A family is so wrapped up in the holiday and the family.... They left their son at home alone when they all took off for Europe for the holidays.

Be careful not to leave "The Son" behind while you celebrate His Birthday.

Merry Christmas Eve.... It's Jesus' Birthday Party Tomorrow!

Pay Attention....

:coffee: