Was OSU coach Mike Gundy wrong to lash a female reporter?

Mrgaritavill

Hail to the Redskins!
Larry Gude said:
...are making more of it that what is there.

I really dont think so. I think she is a bit*h and deserves what she got. I mean how many times in the article did she mention him eating chicken in the parking lot?? And his mom? What does that have anything to do with the sport? If she wants to be a sports reporter, she should stick to sports. If she wants to write articles like this one about Reid, maybe she should be writing a gossip column.

I agree that Coach Gundes could have reacted a little more maturely, but I dont have a problem with what he said.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's an article...

Mrgaritavill said:
I really dont think so. I think she is a bit*h and deserves what she got. I mean how many times in the article did she mention him eating chicken in the parking lot?? And his mom? What does that have anything to do with the sport? If she wants to be a sports reporter, she should stick to sports. If she wants to write articles like this one about Reid, maybe she should be writing a gossip column.

I agree that Coach Gundes could have reacted a little more maturely, but I dont have a problem with what he said.

...that could have been written by any number of male sports writers. Is she picking on the kid some? Sure. But not too much, I don't think. I mean, she quotes him. It's not like she made it up.

Sports journalists and big time sports people, players, coaches, owners, AD's, etc, play chess; the write wants something to justify their existence. The other people are trying to avoid that something being bad for them.

I think the coach looks like a far bigger azz than her. I mean, some of these people just don't do very well with all this. He could have put her on the spot and asked her, in front of her peers to justify saying such 'terrible things' and let her hang herself.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mrgaritavill said:
I think she is a bit*h and deserves what she got.
I think so, too. If she doesn't want to take heat for her opinions, she should consider a career change.

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
I think so, too. If she doesn't want to take heat for her opinions, she should consider a career change.

I was just about to comment on this.

This stood out like a beacon:
Other sports reporters have pointed out that Reid, as a Division I athlete, should be prepared to face public scrutiny.

They apparently don't believe that a professional reporter should also be subjected to that same public scrutity.

:loser:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Toxick said:
They apparently don't believe that a professional reporter should also be subjected to that same public scrutity.
The gal on the radio yesterday went on and on about how this coach would talk that way to a woman. She was such a wuss that I wanted to hunt her down and show her what a REAL #####-out sounded like.