Washington Nationals....

willie

otter said:
They don't have Angelos as an owner..:yay:
That slimy, settlement stealing SOB extorted mega bucks from MLB because the Nationals were horning into his TV rights that included most of the East Coast. That man is truly on the bottom of the lawyer pile.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
willie said:
That slimy, settlement stealing SOB extorted mega bucks from MLB because the Nationals were horning into his TV rights that included most of the East Coast. That man is truly on the bottom of the lawyer pile.

Actually, did they ever reach a settlement? I thought he was still milking them over the TV rights, which is preventing the Nationals from negotiating their TV package, and depriving fans of seeing their home team?

:confused:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Oz said:
Actually, did they ever reach a settlement? I thought he was still milking them over the TV rights, which is preventing the Nationals from negotiating their TV package, and depriving fans of seeing their home team?

:confused:

From what I understand, there hasn't been a settlement yet. Boswell of the WP had a good column(last week or the week before) on how Angelos has probably lost money by playing hardball with the Commish's office and ruffling some feathers.

March 14 column(requires WP account)

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't care if they...

...are WORSE than the O's. I'll have nothing to do with the Orioles until THAT man is GONE.

Charles

:yeahthat:
I kept going to games and ignored his antics but the more I read about the cigarette settlement and his way of doing business I got turned off towards the whole outfit.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Larry Gude said:
...are WORSE than the O's. I'll have nothing to do with the Orioles until THAT man is GONE.
:yeahthat: I have four great tickets and a parking pass for an upcoming game. I have no interest.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Larry Gude said:
You're a good man, Larry. Angelos made his fortune representing cancer patients, but he himself is a cancer on the Orioles and on baseball. Steinbrenner and Snyder have enormous egos and questionable management practices, too. But at least those guys care about winning. I don't think Angelos would lose any sleep if the Orioles went 20-142.

Ponytail

Baseball??? I thought I was going to read an informative thread telling me about a new NHRA drag racing series coming to our area. :sad:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Ponytail said:
Baseball??? I thought I was going to read an informative thread telling me about a new NHRA drag racing series coming to our area. :sad:
Can you imagine the guy who does the Budds Creek radio commercials as an announcer at a baseball game?

Ponytail

Tonio said:
Can you imagine the guy who does the Budds Creek radio commercials as an announcer at a baseball game?

:lmao: THAT may make the game interesting enough for me to want to go watch it.

Hmmm..brings up another interesting thought though...maybe he could announce golf tourneys too! :lol:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
WTOP had something on today about a tenative agreement to show some of the Nats games on 5 and 20. The rest of the home games were to be on a cable channel. The question is, will they be on CCSN along with the bl-O's?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Angelos has stonewalled the Nationals' TV deal. I think he's being petty and childish over this. We're supposed to believe he was granted TV rights all the way to North Carolina in perpetuity?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...n?coll=bal-home-columnists&ctrack=2&cset=true

The ongoing compensation negotiations between Peter Angelos and Major League Baseball have been ongoing so long that I'm starting to wonder what could be the big holdup. So, here's my Top Ten list of unreasonable demands that might be standing in the way of an agreement to protect the Orioles from adverse financial impact:

10. Nationals must have Baltimore on road jerseys.

9. Orioles get naming rights to Washington Monument.

8. New television network to be called "O's TV and that other team."

7. Nationals must pick up remainder of Sammy Sosa salary, and provide limo.

6. Syd Thrift to be named Nationals GM for life.

5. Nats fans must agree to shout "O!" during national anthem.

4. Nats games can be televised only in Las Vegas, Portland, Ore., and Monterrey, Mexico.

3. Sidney Ponson gets to throw out ceremonial first punch at home opener.

2. New team must be called the Baltimore Nationals of Washington.

1. All Nationals trades must be negotiated between Peter Angelos and MLB president Bob DuPuy for a minimum of six months.

Vince

Ponytail said:
:lmao: THAT may make the game interesting enough for me to want to go watch it.

Hmmm..brings up another interesting thought though...maybe he could announce golf tourneys too! :lol:
You can't watch anything from the Canadian Wilderness. :lmao:

D

dems4me

Has the season opener started yet? can't remember if it was at noon or 1:00... is their a score yet in the game :confused:

:tap: