Water Truck With No Tags Taking Water From a Fire Hydrant

3CATSAILOR

At all different times of the day and even in the evening I have noticed a water truck, just South of Great Mills Road taking water from a hydrant. I know from time to time METCOM gives permission on a limited basis. It is about half to 3/4 mile South on 235 on the right side from Great Mills Road. The water truck has only a orange triangle on the back. However, it does use State and County Roads. I thought Maryland law requires a vehicle on a State highway to have tags. It does not appear to be a farm vehicle.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

At all different times of the day and even in the evening I have noticed a water truck, just South of Great Mills Road taking water from a hydrant. I know from time to time METCOM gives permission on a limited basis. It is about half to 3/4 mile South on 235 on the right side from Great Mills Road. The water truck has only a orange triangle on the back. However, it does use State and County Roads. I thought Maryland law requires a vehicle on a State highway to have tags. It does not appear to be a farm vehicle.

If there is no a meter connected to the hydrant before hooking up the hose, they are stealing that water. Next time you should look to see if there is a meter, if there isn't one, call the law and Metcom.

Those authorized to get water from a hydrant like this use a meter for gallon usage then report to water companies the total used so they are charged for such use.

TPD

the poor dad
I know the truck you are talking about and I’m sure he has the requisite permissions/permits from Metcom, just like all the pool water trucks you see in the spring next to hydrants.

blacklabman

I know the truck you are talking about and I’m sure he has the requisite permissions/permits from Metcom, just like all the pool water trucks you see in the spring next to hydrants.
Pools, spas, bathtubs, and watering of non-food producing plants are a waste of water.

OldHillcrestGuy

Is there a gravel pit nearby? A lot of these water trucks use a nearby hydrant to get water and then sometimes water down the road in the gravel pit to keep the dust down or to clean the street out in front of the gravel pit road to keep the dirt washed away.

Czar

Pools, spas, bathtubs, and watering of non-food producing plants are a waste of water.
Depends on what is next to you in the hot tub, no? If you cannot relate I feel sorry for you, however I do respect that ability to resist temptation.