Water Truck With No Tags Taking Water From a Fire Hydrant

3CATSAILOR

At all different times of the day and even in the evening I have noticed a water truck, just South of Great Mills Road taking water from a hydrant. I know from time to time METCOM gives permission on a limited basis. It is about half to 3/4 mile South on 235 on the right side from Great Mills Road. The water truck has only a orange triangle on the back. However, it does use State and County Roads. I thought Maryland law requires a vehicle on a State highway to have tags. It does not appear to be a farm vehicle.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

At all different times of the day and even in the evening I have noticed a water truck, just South of Great Mills Road taking water from a hydrant. I know from time to time METCOM gives permission on a limited basis. It is about half to 3/4 mile South on 235 on the right side from Great Mills Road. The water truck has only a orange triangle on the back. However, it does use State and County Roads. I thought Maryland law requires a vehicle on a State highway to have tags. It does not appear to be a farm vehicle.

If there is no a meter connected to the hydrant before hooking up the hose, they are stealing that water. Next time you should look to see if there is a meter, if there isn't one, call the law and Metcom.

Those authorized to get water from a hydrant like this use a meter for gallon usage then report to water companies the total used so they are charged for such use.

TPD

the poor dad
I know the truck you are talking about and I’m sure he has the requisite permissions/permits from Metcom, just like all the pool water trucks you see in the spring next to hydrants.