Watermelon gift gets fireman fired

black dog

Free America
We had dinner Sunday night at the Chinese Buffet in Elwood. There was a huge tray of cold watermelon in the salad line. Someone forgot to tell the black couple that also was dining,,
Did they know thy were in Elwood, IN? and second they should be offended by that watermelon was on the menu.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
I went into Captain Leonard's for a bowl of crab soup and they brought not one ,but TWO packets of saltines.

I stormed out in disgust and refused to pay! Barely had a chance to wipe my mouth after I ate the soup and got a refill on my soda.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I went into Captain Leonard's for a bowl of crab soup and they brought not one ,but TWO packets of saltines.

I stormed out in disgust and refused to pay! Barely had a chance to wipe my mouth after I ate the soup and got a refill on my soda.

You showed them!! Way to go :applause:

black dog

Free America

Ask for Sandy to be your waitress, She knows better than to bring saltines to the Privileged Class, you should have been served Captain Wafers.

cv.jpg

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Stop it. Even I know that watermelon can have a racial connotation, and I'm fairly oblivious to that sort of thing. If they were having a potluck dinner and someone brought watermelon salad - not racial. Bringing a gift wrapped whole watermelon to a black person for no apparent reason is indeed racial. It's unlikely the dumbass meant to be offensive and more likely that he thought it would be a funny joke, but it was obviously meant in a racial way and he cannot be surprised that other black firemen took offense.
So can fried chicken, would that have gotten the same response?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh Look. All the forum bigots crawled out of their holes. What a special day!

Oh look..look who crawled out from under their rock to enjoy the show!

And look who couldn't recognize hyperbolic sarcasm if their very life depended on it.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Uncle Remus, Aunt Jemima and Buckwheat.
A culinary ménage à trois.

Attachments

• Tin-Sign---Uncle-Remus-Syrup.jpg
    Tin-Sign---Uncle-Remus-Syrup.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Ummm-Buckwheats.jpg
    Ummm-Buckwheats.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 46