We think we set a record today..pics

devinej

i so proud of myself. i just emailed ALL the pony clubs i could find in maryland about sparkes. hopefully i'll get a response!! do you think i'll get a comission....i should charge one...

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
:lmao:

We had a great day...you are welcome to join us anytime...

Pedro is ready for his new forever home..if you know anyone looking for an awsome trail horse that is gaited to the hilt and smoothe as your couch..send them my way..

Let me know if you are going out during the week either this week or next. I might have to take you up on the offer.:starcat:

Quartermom might trailer over to a farm in St. Leonard to go trail riding. Now that I'm feeling better and if the weather is nice maybe you can join us.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
i so proud of myself. i just emailed ALL the pony clubs i could find in maryland about sparkes. hopefully i'll get a response!! do you think i'll get a comission....i should charge one...

:gossip: % on top of the sale of the pony or horse. Yes, I think that would be in order. :cartwheel Don't they have pony jumpers at the rated shows now?:whistle:

devinej

oh yes, pony jumpers are def. in the A shows....but i need a kid to ride her in it...or i could do a level 2 and 3 with her. money money money. i think she'd be competitive in it.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
St. Mary's Lake? I thought it was 8 miles? I ride (bike) it in 2 hours.

You know it is more like 8 miles see where Walkerman corrected me..We have talked to bikers before and they can always go faster then us...wonder why? We do have to walk some to rest them..and those trees are killer weaving them..hard on the knee caps..

Robin

more or less

Paso
I thought you had a gps or pedometer for tracking mileage?

Hiking
Location St. Mary's River State Park Trails
St. Mary's River State Park, 301-872-5389
From Maryland Route 5 in Callaway, turn east on Camp Cosoma Road and follow the road to the end. There is a sign on Maryland Route 5
St. Mary's County
Trail Access From the parking lot at the boat ramp
Distance 8.15 miles (if shortest route is selected and followed)
Time Varies, there are some side trails which hikers frequently follow by mistake. Allow some extra time for unintentional detours when using the area for the first time.
Trail Conditions Single track with one short section of service road across to dam.
Skill Level Easy to moderate. There are some gully and stream crossing shunt trails which hikers can select to add additional challenge.
Suitable For Families? Yes, taking into account the ages and experiences of the children. Stay together since there is one stream crossing which involves crossing a downed tree.
Hazards/Restrictions Trail is used by bikers, hikers and horseback riders. Ruts and roots can be found along such trails. Dogs on leash are allowed on the trail. No dogs are permitted in parking lots, fishing areas or playground.
Potable Water Restrooms and water fountain are available in warm months.
Natural Features Beautiful scenery around the lake. Take notice of the variety of habitats, ranging from wooded acres and grassy fields, to swamps and streams.
Historic/Cultural Features There are some 18th century homes, school and sawmill sites along the trail.
Camping Point Lookout State Park is the only nearby state facility. Call 1-888-432-2267 for reservations. There are two private campgrounds within a 15 minute drive.
Other Points of Interest None
Other Accommodations Hotels and motels are located in nearby towns.
Fees or Permits $3/vehicle year-round for in-state residents; $4/vehicle year-round for out-of-state residents.
Description St. Mary's River State Park is a park that is not well known, but a real treasure. The park is located on the headwaters of the St. Mary's River, and is divided into two sites. This 11.5 mile trail encircles the 250 acre St. Mary's Lake. Eight miles is the shortest route around the lake. First time hikers should allow extra time for unintentional but interesting detours.

mingiz

Horse Poor
You know it is more like 8 miles see where Walkerman corrected me..We have talked to bikers before and they can always go faster then us...wonder why? We do have to walk some to rest them..and those trees are killer weaving them..hard on the knee caps..

They go faster because they put junk in the trails and small ditches that make us have to slow or detour....And take away the natural settings...:whistle:

devinej

haha maybe they are talking about the trails on the other side of indian bridge road - there's a whole other part of the park over there

2baymares

We Rode The Loop (7.5 Miles) In 1 Hr 21min
It Was A Very Fast Pace, HELL I Didnot Have Time To
Do A Pit Stop. We Got Back Just Before The Rain.
I Let A Friend Ride My Gaited Mare And Now He Is
Hooked. (He Owns Two Q/H)

I would have liked to participated in that ride.:lmao: Sounds like you all had FUN!!

I missed your group by one day. Me and my friends rode part of the lake trails on Saturday and explored some trails northwest of the lake. We rode for over 4 hours & I was dead azz tired when we got done. There is alot of trails in that area and really cool to ride there. We only back tracked a mile on same trail - it was great!!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
They go faster because they put junk in the trails and small ditches that make us have to slow or detour....And take away the natural settings...:whistle:

Yeah and round log bridges you have to WALK over right in the middle of a "haul ass" trail..

Haul ass..urrrrrrrch stop walk the logs..back to hauling ass..

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!

Yes.... Tell him now BEFORE you promote her anymore. 10% is reasonable.:buddies:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Yeah and round log bridges you have to WALK over right in the middle of a "haul ass" trail..

Haul ass..urrrrrrrch stop walk the logs..back to hauling ass..

Aww...I missed it. Maybe we could go on March 2nd? I will need to borrow a horse though. Oh and I need to make sure I made it in the night before. We will 16 hour drive in one day is tough.:buddies:

FrmGrl

Get some!
Aww...I missed it. Maybe we could go on March 2nd? I will need to borrow a horse though. Oh and I need to make sure I made it in the night before. We will 16 hour drive in one day is tough.:buddies:
You have a place to stay. Maybe you can borrow:gossip: and I can take Eve. Need a trailer though. Or you can take Eve and I can ride someone elses.:lmao: