Wearing white to a funeral

RPMDAD

Sadly, i have experienced a lot of death in my family. being related and most of the time, being the so called responsible one, have always dressed up a bit, being the or one of the closest blood relatives to the deceased. However, i have had friends come to the funeral home and i personally didn't care at all what they were wearing. They were there to show their support for me and my family, and in my heart that is what mattered to me. My true friends stand by me in the good times and bad times. They were there to show their love and respect for my deceased family member and to show their support for me and and my family. Now to get back to FF's post, i can honestly say no one has come naked yet, and that would not have bothered me in the least if they had. They were there for me and my family to support us, and to me that is what counts. JMHO

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Sadly, i have experienced a lot of death in my family. being related and most of the time, being the so called responsible one, have always dressed up a bit, being the or one of the closest blood relatives to the deceased. However, i have had friends come to the funeral home and i personally didn't care at all what they were wearing. They were there to show their support for me and my family, and in my heart that is what mattered to me. My true friends stand by me in the good times and bad times. They were there to show their love and respect for my deceased family member and to show their support for me and and my family. Now to get back to FF's post, i can honestly say no one has come naked yet, and that would not have bothered me in the least if they had. They were there for me and my family to support us, and to me that is what counts. JMHO
I've got some fat, homely, friends, this would probably bother quite a few people there.

acommondisaster

I agree with most - if all you have is white, wear white. Your demeanor and your words of comfort to the family are more important. If you're uncomfortable wearing a white dress, dark slacks and a conservative blouse should be fine. Anyone looking at your and commenting on what you're wearing is there for the wrong reason; the family will just be glad you were there.

MarieB

White, although not optimum, is just fine as long as you don't look like a hussy

It's the thought that counts

Vince

Most of those old fashion rules have been thrown out the door with pantyhose and your granny's bloomers. If the white dress is conservative and not a cutesy sundress or sexy cocktail dress, you can probably wear it.

The only rule that I think still holds is don't wear white to a wedding, unless specifically instructed to do so by the bride.
Just show up for mine and I don't care what you wear. Throw a couple golf balls in my casket so they rattle around.

Last edited:

SoMDGirl42

funerals I've attended for close family members where I was very emotionally involved, I can't remember half of the people that were there, much less what they wore because of the stress I was under emotionally. If people are so trival about what you wear to a funeral, that's sad. Most are there to support family and friends for the loss of their loved one, not have a fashion show. Wear conservative clothing and you'll be fine. Leave the stripper shoes and cleavage at home for your SO.

What size do you wear? I have about 75 dresses in my closet... most are conservative... if we are the same size, you can borrow one... :coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Just show up for mine and I don't care what you wear. Throw a couple golf balls in my casket so they rattle around.

If I had video of that shot you made over the trees and onto the fairway in perfect position, that's what I'd bury with you. :yay:

mamatutu

mama to two

That's the spirit! My MIL was buried with her fave romance novel, candy bars, and cigarettes. She didn't die of cancer, or heart disease, but Alzheimer's. She was a hoot, and I miss her. You were funny with the rattle around thing, Vince! :lol:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Just thought about our family tradition of being buried in pajamas, so what you wear to the funeral just has to be something equal to, or slightly classier than that (pretty easy mark to hit).