Weather in MD vs FL.

JustSayNeigh

Yeah, and I found out what a whole bunch of fire ants can do to your ankles while we were in St Augustine. Thank goodness we don't have those critters up here.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Andy, WTH are you talking about?

I lived in Clay County, FL (the next county to the west of Jacksonville) from Dec. 1998 - Mar. 2004 and it is NOT hotter here in the summer (overall) than it was there. On top of that, the hot summer weather there lasts a LOT longer than it does here. This area may well rival that area in the dog days of our summer with it's humidity, but you are dead wrong that it gets hotter here & much more humid. It probably depends on just where you are in Fl about how hot it gets. Ocean breezes can be very cooling, but those are only on the coasts, not necessarily inland.

I live in Clay County too. WHen you hang out at the pool or inside from 12 -3 it doesn't seem too bad. Up there you can't even swim in the water unless you have a pool because they shut down the beaches early July because of the stupid neddles sp? just when the water is beginning to warm up. Neither place is fun to be out in the blazing sun in the middle of the day during summer. You guys have horse shows the hottest times of the year. Here we don't usually show June, July, and most of August. It is too hot. The weather just flip flops too much for me up there. I never felt like I could put my winter clothes away. Mine are put away down here until December!:starcat:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I live in Clay County too. WHen you hang out at the pool or inside from 12 -3 it doesn't seem too bad. Up there you can't even swim in the water unless you have a pool because they shut down the beaches early July because of the stupid neddles sp? just when the water is beginning to warm up. Neither place is fun to be out in the blazing sun in the middle of the day during summer. You guys have horse shows the hottest times of the year. Here we don't usually show June, July, and most of August. It is too hot. The weather just flip flops too much for me up there. I never felt like I could put my winter clothes away. Mine are put away down here until December!:starcat:

Not to be a spoilsport about it, but I didn't have a pool to hang out at from 12-3. (We did belong to the Y, however) I wouldn't hang out by a pool daily anyway, or I'd never get anything done! I was a SAHM, but had plenty to keep me busy, and the sun /heat with the humidity can be pretty draining, so I'd never feel like doing anything. And that would be for a good part of the year, too! But that's just me.

We don't necessarily spend all that much time at the beach here, and the weather is not as mild here as it is there all year round, but I do like the changes of the seasons more than I liked the heat year round. And I suppose it's a little harder to have horse shows, fairs, carnivals, etc. up here in Jan-Mar -so I guess that's why they have them in the summer.

:smile:

Beta84

They're out to get us
So this morning it was in the mid 60s outside and I thought about this absurd thread. It's the middle of July right now, so it's make or break time.

In Jacksonville FL (figured I'd give it as far north as possible just to be helpful to your argument) the current is 88 (feels like 96) with a high of 90 today. Low of 77. Over the next 10 days they will have high in the upper 80s to low 90s with a low in the mid to upper 70s and pretty intense humidity.

Here, it's currently 82 (feels like 82) with a high of 85, which is about average for this time of year. Over the next 10 days, we start with a couple days reaching 85-87 range, followed by the high being between 79 and 83. The lows range from upper 60s to lower 70s. Moderate humidity.

The weather we're having right now is like the Spring/Fall in Florida. Anyone would CELEBRATE days like these. Actually I think in April they were already hitting 90's occasionally, so they had this kind of weather when it was still snowing here :lol:

Busted

So this morning it was in the mid 60s outside and I thought about this absurd thread. It's the middle of July right now, so it's make or break time.

In Jacksonville FL (figured I'd give it as far north as possible just to be helpful to your argument) the current is 88 (feels like 96) with a high of 90 today. Low of 77. Over the next 10 days they will have high in the upper 80s to low 90s with a low in the mid to upper 70s and pretty intense humidity.

Here, it's currently 82 (feels like 82) with a high of 85, which is about average for this time of year. Over the next 10 days, we start with a couple days reaching 85-87 range, followed by the high being between 79 and 83. The lows range from upper 60s to lower 70s. Moderate humidity.

The weather we're having right now is like the Spring/Fall in Florida. Anyone would CELEBRATE days like these. Actually I think in April they were already hitting 90's occasionally, so they had this kind of weather when it was still snowing here :lol:

:blahblah: :blahblah:

CountryLady

luvmyponies
my mother live south of jacksonville, some times it is cooler there than it is here.

The futher inland you go the more humid it is, GROSS!!!

Buy the coast, the humidity is still there, but the ocean breezes make it more transparent.

I hate the fire ants, palmetto bugs and the ALLIGATORS!

Oh, I also hate the swamp smells. yuck !

But it is fun to go barefoot down the side walk in December and watch all the locals jogging buy with stocking hats on. They looked at me like I was crazy. :whistle: But I can tell you I never wore a stocking hat in Florida. Not even in the middle of their, i say this lightly , .......winter.:killingme