Wedding Flowers

I made my own centerpieces but now need real flowers for an October wedding for bouquets. I really don't need anything too elaborate. Any recommendations in the area?

What area? No nonsense and reasonable prices is Jeanie's Flowers in Leonardtown.

I will need them for Greenwell State Park. I really have no clue as to how much they will be. I need 6 bridesmaids and 2 brides. Simple hydrangeas with a nautical theme.

MMM_donuts

We had no idea what we wanted for flowers but she was able to offer recommendations that had a sentimental value (like flowers from our home states), stayed within our budget, and fit the color and theme of our wedding.

MMM_donuts

I emailed her today. If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost?

I think our budget was $1000. We basically told her that's what we were willing to spend and she filled in all the rest. Our pics aren't on her website, when I get home I can post some of the flowers. She did a really neat job. We had 100 guests, flowers on each table, flowers down the aisle at the wedding, boquests for the ladies, and boutenierres and pin on flowers for the men and the moms/gmoms. Oh, and our table centerpieces were flowers in apples, if that makes sense. The apples were a big part of our budget.

We used Vogels Flowers in Waldorf, they delivered to Clinton for our wedding. We had 20 centerpieces, my bouquet, 6 bridesmaids bouquets, 10 boutonnieres (sp?, my hubby's, 6 groomsmen, our Dads and my Gran) and 3 corsages (sp?...our Mom's and my Nana) and we paid abotu $1100 total....all fresh flowers. We had white and green hydrangeas, white roses and I forget what the other lil flower is that had lil pearls in the middle for my bouquet. I was really happy with everything :smile:

www.vogelsflowers.com

Katt

Just get your own flowers... Giant has beautiful ones too, and hand tie them yourself Cover the tie with ribbon and Viola! Very nice, and cheap. I did all three of my daughter's weddings from farm grown flowers from local flower farmers, but Giant has a nice selection too. Cheaper to get them right from the farm, though. We did the church flowers and the reception flowers too. IT's cheaper that way. Otherwise, 3 to 4 thousand bucks for a wedding full of flowers. Under an 1000, do it yourself!

Katt

We also did all the boutineirs and corsages for the bridal party and grandparents too. It was very affordable.
Florists are going to charge the most for the labor. The hardest thing is doing it all the day before and keeping them in a walk in cooler if you can find someone to store them until the last minute.

Just get your own flowers... Giant has beautiful ones too, and hand tie them yourself Cover the tie with ribbon and Viola! Very nice, and cheap. I did all three of my daughter's weddings from farm grown flowers from local flower farmers, but Giant has a nice selection too. Cheaper to get them right from the farm, though. We did the church flowers and the reception flowers too. IT's cheaper that way. Otherwise, 3 to 4 thousand bucks for a wedding full of flowers. Under an 1000, do it yourself!

You must've missed my post :biggrin:

penelope

The Weavers on Loveville Rd!! They do awesome work and are very affordable and knowledgeable . And their flowers are local. The only thing is, they are amish so you have to go to their house to discuss rather than call. But worth the drive! just look for their sign and dont go on sunday :) good luck.

The Weavers on Loveville Rd!! They do awesome work and are very affordable and knowledgeable . And their flowers are local. The only thing is, they are amish so you have to go to their house to discuss rather than call. But worth the drive! just look for their sign and dont go on sunday :) good luck.

I have heard about them. I just need 6 simple bouquets and 2 brides bouquets. I am hoping that I won't go over $350.00

acommondisaster

I've heard from several people that their flowers were the nicest they've seen. One of the people saying that was a wedding coordinator. The word I heard from two people was "stunning". I think we'll be paying them a visit around the end of the month to see what we can arrange for a wedding this summer.

Anyone have any experience with the Loveville auction?

MMM_donuts

The pics I promised

So, we had a country barn wedding. We had long tables with the bucket as a centerpiece and the apples on each side (black and white, with green accents). I can't really accurately convey how perfectly these flowers fit in. We were going for wildflowers instead of big round bouquets. My bouquet was green and the other girls had white ones.

We met with a few other people that all had beautiful work but just didn't really fit what we were looking for - that's the great thing about trying out all the vendor suggestions - shopping around and finding the right person for your wedding is a lot of work in the beginning but the confidence gained by it is a real relief on the big day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 162

MMM_donuts

I don't know why I'm currently unable to upload both pics at the same time but the first one was the little side flowers that had the apple base. These are the centerpieces..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 113

foodforthought

Def consider Weaver's....they are super sweet people and you can't beat her prices. I also did mainly hydrangea's for my wedding- they were $2.00 per stem if I recall correctly, that was 2 years ago. We had a large wedding- 36 centerpeices, 12 boutineeres, 10 bouquets, and 5 corsages, plus flowers for our cake for $650. They were beautiful and lasted for almost 3 weeks after my wedding!