Wedding locations ... help wanted!

twenty711

I am looking for locations in the area that can host a wedding. Ideally I would like a waterfront setting.

I have my own caterer, so I would like to be able to use him.

If any of you have gotten married around here in the outdoors, where was it and if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost, I have a budget to stick to.

Thanks!

I_am_that_girl

Mary's Hope in the southern most part of St. Mary's county. Or Wood Lawn which is also located in the southern most part of St. Mary's county. Both are beautiful locations. Happy venue hunting!

Both of these are waterfront by the way and you can use whatever catering company you want.

twenty711

Thank you for the suggestion about Running Hare, it looks beautiful!

However, I believe that is well outside my budget and also the website says they are booked through 2013! I am hoping to find something available in late September (this year).

Freefaller

Marys Hope

My son and daughter-in-law just got married at Mary's Hope. People there were a great help and the setting was beautiful, on the water. You can use your own caterer. We looked at Running Hare and it was nice but WAY to expensive especially with the exclusive agreement with their caterer. That caterer will really stick it to you. Of course, I'm sure that a certain % goes right back to Running Hare. They also make you buy some of their wine. Not a big deal but I objected to it. Their prices and other terms sent us on the same search you're on now. We found Mary's Hope and loved it! Google it, they have a web site!

I know at one time the Calvert Marine Museum rented the dock under the lighthouse for weddings. You may want to check to see if they still do that.

rubyrox

I have a friend who got married at sunset at the State House in St. Mary's City last fall. It overlooks the river. It's an incredibly beautiful and romantic location.

Historicplace

Wedding Location

I have a nice waterfront, historic place on the water you might want to check out. See thecheseldinehouse.com or call (301) 904-1175. Located in St. Mary's County. Beautiful location, good rates, flexible arrangements.

I am looking for locations in the area that can host a wedding. Ideally I would like a waterfront setting.

I have my own caterer, so I would like to be able to use him.

If any of you have gotten married around here in the outdoors, where was it and if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost, I have a budget to stick to.

Thanks!