Wedding Reception Venues?

buddyperry

Hi everyone, my sister and I grew up in Southern Maryland, but both left years ago for college and now graduate school. Our family still lives there, so my sis will be coming back home in August to get married. The wedding will take place at St. Mary's church in Bryantown. She is currently trying to find a nice reception venue and I'm trying to be a supportive bridesmaid and help out. I found this forum and thought it might be a good place to ask for suggestions.

The basics are that she's looking for a reception venue that's within a reasonable drive from St. Mary's in Bryantown and will host around 100 people. She's a bit concerned about heat and rain since this will be taking place at the end of August, so indoors or outdoors with an enclosure that will protect everyone from possible rain would be ideal. I'm pretty sure the reception will take place in the evening. Does anyone have a good suggestion? If you could post contact information or even just names for venues, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Hi everyone, my sister and I grew up in Southern Maryland, but both left years ago for college and now graduate school. Our family still lives there, so my sis will be coming back home in August to get married. The wedding will take place at St. Mary's church in Bryantown. She is currently trying to find a nice reception venue and I'm trying to be a supportive bridesmaid and help out. I found this forum and thought it might be a good place to ask for suggestions.

The basics are that she's looking for a reception venue that's within a reasonable drive from St. Mary's in Bryantown and will host around 100 people. She's a bit concerned about heat and rain since this will be taking place at the end of August, so indoors or outdoors with an enclosure that will protect everyone from possible rain would be ideal. I'm pretty sure the reception will take place in the evening. Does anyone have a good suggestion? If you could post contact information or even just names for venues, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Middleton Hall 10-15 minutes from St.Mary's Bryantown.

LadyWolf

Thanks!

Middleton Hall 10-15 minutes from St.Mary's Bryantown.

I would agree...Middleton Hall. Also, they have the new Marriott Courtyard in Waldorf and the Holiday Inn is under different ownership. Doesn't hurt to check both places. Plus the Moose Lodge in White Plains, Elks Lodge in Waldorf. All of which are fairly short distance from Bryantown.

Does the Legion in Hughesville rent out?
There's the big Izak Walton hall on Gardiner Lane in Waldorf.
Mechanicsville VFD rents their hall.

tastycake

Thanks!

There is a winery/vineyard in Prince Frederick (right across the Benedict Bridge) that has a new building that sounds quite wonderful for a wedding reception. I have not been yet but here's the link. If she's looking for a more natural setting, this is better than a stuffy hall, in my opinion of course. The place is called Running Hare Winery.