Wedding Venue Ideas

WalkerH

Firstly, let me state I am sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Wasn't sure if I should put it here or under female stuff. Anyways, I am looking for wedding venues down here. Looking for more of a barn style wedding. I know of Sotterly, but are there other places by chance? The wedding isn't till next year, so no big rush finding a place for a couple months. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

There definitely is a rush!! We are getting married next October and most if not all places are booked solid. Book now! I thought we had plenty of time as we were engaged in July. We chose Rosedale Manor at Greenwell State Park. I also suggest you find a caterer, photographer, etc. now and put deposits down. Sotterly was my first choice, but I'm glad we got Greenwell instead. They have an open house the second Sunday of every month. I highly reccommend it. Let me know if you have any questions as we are in the same boat.

luvmygdaughters

Woodlawn Plantation is absolutely beautiful. Its where the slack winery is also. Beautiful location and people are so nice. I think the website is slackwine.com

bcp

In My Opinion
Firstly, let me state I am sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Wasn't sure if I should put it here or under female stuff. Anyways, I am looking for wedding venues down here. Looking for more of a barn style wedding. I know of Sotterly, but are there other places by chance? The wedding isn't till next year, so no big rush finding a place for a couple months. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

If you want a barn style wedding and dont mind traveling to Montgomery county, I can hook you up.

http://www.montgomeryparks.org/facilities/ag_farm.shtm

My son had his wedding at Jefferson Patterson Park. Beautiful setting, reasonably priced. Please don't wait too long to reserve. It books out well in advance.

WalkerH

Wow yeah thanks for the heads up. Jefferson Patterson looks splendid. Also I'm right close to Greenwell which makes that tempting. Definitely looking into those two places, you guys have a lot better information then I could find on google for venue options.

sockgirl77

Wow yeah thanks for the heads up. Jefferson Patterson looks splendid. Also I'm right close to Greenwell which makes that tempting. Definitely looking into those two places, you guys have a lot better information then I could find on google for venue options.

I would call these places and get available dates. Most places only have Friday availablility and are booked through the summer/fall.

acommondisaster

Book now. September/October weddings are now as hot, if not hotter than June dates. A lot of wedding planners will tell you that September is the new June. Best of luck finding the venue you'll love. We've been trying to chase down the perfect beach venue for months.

SamHolloway

Dos Pueblos and Santa Margrita ranch are a couple of options if you like barn weddings! Even my sister planned to get married at Santa Margrita but due to some problems she couldn't and instead got married in Florida itself.

Last edited: