Wedding wear?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I am attending a wedding tomorrow at a local catholic church and then heading to the Holiday Inn at Solomons Island for the reception. Would it be too casual to wear dress slacks with a nice blouse and a jacket with hose and heels?

sockgirl77

Nope. That's all I ever wear to weddings. I've only worn a dress once in the past ten years and that was to my 10 year reunion.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Nope. That's all I ever wear to weddings. I've only worn a dress once in the past ten years and that was to my 10 year reunion.

Cool, good to know. Last wedding I went to was a year and a half ago in Michigan and it was hot and I wore a dress. The one before that was at the VFH and was casual so I wore slacks and nice blouse.

BTW, you know the bride to be. She played our little redneck kid when we decorated that one year when we worked together so many moons ago.

I was more worried by the catholic church and then the reception venue in making my final decision.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Cool, good to know. Last wedding I went to was a year and a half ago in Michigan and it was hot and I wore a dress. The one before that was at the VFH and was casual so I wore slacks and nice blouse.

BTW, you know the bride to be. She played our little redneck kid when we decorated that one year when we worked together so many moons ago.

I was more worried by the catholic church and then the reception venue in making my final decision.

If you still have that little yellow number, and it still fits, Id wear that. You always looked great and kinda light and airy in it. Anyway it fit you very nicely.

Baltimore_Colt

snow boots would be more appropriate. and it is catholic tradition that you throw snow at the bride and groom if there is any on the ground at the time of the ceremony.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

Some people these days wear jeans to Sunday Mass -- don't think you'll raise any Catholic eyebrows by wearing dressy slacks/blouse --- just IMO.

(PS -- the snow thing is a joke...)