Week 13 Picks

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I thought that Seattle/Philly game was gonna be a gimme 5 pointer, but I had no idea it would turn out like that.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Before we get to the end of the year...

Y'all want to end the pick'em game(as originally planned) with the end of the regular season...OR continue onto the playoffs with each person accumulating points but the point structure changed like this..

Playoff weekend 1 (4 games,15 possible pts) - 8 pt game, 4 pt game, 2 pt game, 1pt game

Week 2 - same as above

Week 3 - (2 games,12 possible pts) - 8 pt'er and a 4 pt'er

Superbowl - assorted pts..(ie..game winner, game winner using line, over/under..etc) possible 16 to 20 pts, haven't really worked anything up on this.

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other..we can end it at the end of the regular season or after the superbowl.

BuddyLee

Football addict
otter said:
Y'all want to end the pick'em game(as originally planned) with the end of the regular season...OR continue onto the playoffs with each person accumulating points but the point structure changed like this..

Playoff weekend 1 (4 games,15 possible pts) - 8 pt game, 4 pt game, 2 pt game, 1pt game

Week 2 - same as above

Week 3 - (2 games,12 possible pts) - 8 pt'er and a 4 pt'er

Superbowl - assorted pts..(ie..game winner, game winner using line, over/under..etc) possible 16 to 20 pts, haven't really worked anything up on this.

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other..we can end it at the end of the regular season or after the superbowl.
I like the playoff and Superbowl idea'r. Go the whole season and then some.:yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How about this???

There's 12 of us.

At the end of the regular season, we have a regular season winner.

Then, we have, in round 1 of the playoffs, 1 vs. 12, 2 vs 11 and so on; 6 'games'. Score as otter shows. Add a 'points' game to break ties.

6 winners, re-seed, go on to second round, '3 games', score as otter shows
Add 'points' game for ties.

3 go on. Third round, Championship games, highest seed gets a bye into the Superbowl. Other two battle it out as otter scores it or whatever mods everyone wants.

Super bowl. Make otter figure out scoring.

Thoughts?

BuddyLee

Football addict
otter said:
Yeah...ie..if today started the playoffs, it would be Gumbo(1) vs Pete(422)
And you would pick one game? What if you both picked the same team...would there be a point pick like for Monday nights?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Nope...

BuddyLee said:
And you would pick one game? What if you both picked the same team...would there be a point pick like or Monday nights?

...round one has 4 NFL games, otter suggested we score them 8, 4, 2 and 1 points each.

(I think otter means that you pick which one is your 8 pointer, the one you're SURE of, and so on)

So #1 picks his four, using the spread, #Pete picks his.

I suggest we also have a 'points' game, like we do now with Monday night , to break any tie.

Repeat process 2nd round as 6 people lost and are done, 6 won and now we play highest remaining seed against Pete and so on...

Last edited:

mainman

Set Trippin
Larry Gude said:
...round one has 4 NFL games, otter suggested we score them 8, 4, 2 and 1 points each.

(I think otter means that you pick which one is your 8 pointer, the one you're SURE of, and so on)

So #1 picks his four, using the spread, #Pete picks his.

I suggest we also have a 'points' game, like we do now with Monday night , to break any tie.

Repeat process 2nd round as 6 people lost and are done, 6 won and now we play highest remaining seed against Pete and so on...
So, maybe we should PM otter the picks and he can post them all at once...

Otter

Nothing to see here
BuddyLee said:
And you would pick one game? What if you both picked the same team...would there be a point pick like for Monday nights?

Yeah, total pts for last weekend game, closest to total points without going over....and all picks would be PM'ed to me..Would not be posted on the board until all players submit their weekend picks.. That will keep people from under/over cutting on total points..ie, you pick 55 total pts, I pick 54 or 56

*edited* changed all games to last weekend game for total pts.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I guess we could but...

mainman said:
So, maybe we should PM otter the picks and he can post them all at once...

...that's why I'd add the points game; even if you pick the exact games, you gotta get the points right.

I'd rather see.

Anyone else have thoughts on this???

Speak up!