Weight Watchers

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
POINTS® Value: 1
Servings: 48
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 17 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Win rave reviews from kids and adults alike with these miniature cupcakes. Although we used canned cherries, when they're in season you can use 1 cup fresh, chopped, pitted Bing cherries instead.

Ingredients
1 sprays cooking spray
18 1/4 oz unprepared packaged devil's food cake, or similar chocolate cake mix
2 Tbsp apple butter
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp almond extract
16 oz canned sweet cherries, packed in light syrup, drained (dark, pitted cherries)
1/3 cup apple butter
1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two 24-hole mini muffin pans with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, make the frosting: Mix together 1 cup of cake mix, 2 tablespoons of apple butter, water and 1 teaspoon of almond extract until smooth; set aside.

Place drained cherries on a paper towel. Pat cherries dry, place on cutting board and coarsely chop; set aside.

In a mixer on slow speed, combine remaining cake mix, remaining apple butter, remaining almond extract and egg substitute for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and mix until smooth, about 2 minutes more; stir in cherries.

Fill muffin pans 3/4 full with cherry mixture. Bake until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, about 15 to 17 minutes. Allow to cool in pans for 5 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Frost each cupcake with 1 teaspoon reserved frosting. Yields 1 cupcake per serving.

BottleBlonde

what meeting time/location do you guys go to?

I just re-joined ww a few weeks ago, and haven't been doing well....but I am going to go to the meetings like i should starting next week (ive been skipping)!

cryjuliet

Just got this recipe today

:drool:"
Makes One Dozen 2-oz VitaMuffins (as packaged)
100 Calories 6g Fiber 1.5g Fat

as prepared below:
133 Calories 6g Fiber 1.5g Fat ==== WW pts =3pts per muffin including icing.

Vitalicious Muffins- Better-For-You Muffins and Muffin Tops- Healthy All Natural muffins and Brownies

Ingredients:

1 package of DeepChocolate VitaMix

2 egg whites

1 cup water

1/3 cup non-fat buttermilk

1/2 teaspoon almond extract

1 Tablespoons brown sugar

1 pack (99g) Hunt's® fat-free vanilla pudding

60 jelly beans (5 per cupcake)

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400°F. Line standard muffin pan with baking cups (for best results use foil baking cups) or use VitaTop Silicone Baking Pans to make Buttermilk Jellybean VitaTops. Set aside.

In large mixing bowl combine DeepChocolate VitaMix, water, egg whites, almond extract, non-fat buttermilk and brown sugar. Mix well.

Scoop 1-2 tablespoons of VitaMix into baking cups or pan. Bake for about 25 minutes.

Remove from oven and allow thorough cooling.

When cool spread the vanilla pudding on top of each VitaMuffin (just enough to cover it) and top with Jellybeans. Enjoy!

Tip: This is a healthier Easter treat that Kids will love. "

I just got this recipe today. Vitalicious makes some awsome muffin tops that are only 1pt and they are so good. Cheap at the website but VERY filling 2 of them can fill me for hours and they make a great snack. They are huge. My whole family loves them. I hope that helps.

Here are some more good recipes from them too!!!
http://vitabakingmixes.com/recipe.html:drool:

cryjuliet

what meeting time/location do you guys go to?

I just re-joined ww a few weeks ago, and haven't been doing well....but I am going to go to the meetings like i should starting next week (ive been skipping)!

I am currently going on Wed @12:30 in Prince Frederick. So far its pretty good there I dont feel like Im being judged either cause there has to be a reason we are all there. :howdy: There are so nice ladies there.

cryjuliet

You can get it from their website. They have a free shipping code for use til the end of the month. The code is HGChunk .. You can buy the muffins from Giant or Safeway or you can get them from the website. There is a whole bunch of chocolates ones that a lot of people LOVE!!

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
POINTS® Value: 1
Servings: 48
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 17 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Win rave reviews from kids and adults alike with these miniature cupcakes. Although we used canned cherries, when they're in season you can use 1 cup fresh, chopped, pitted Bing cherries instead.

Ingredients
1 sprays cooking spray
18 1/4 oz unprepared packaged devil's food cake, or similar chocolate cake mix
2 Tbsp apple butter
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp almond extract
16 oz canned sweet cherries, packed in light syrup, drained (dark, pitted cherries)
1/3 cup apple butter
1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two 24-hole mini muffin pans with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, make the frosting: Mix together 1 cup of cake mix, 2 tablespoons of apple butter, water and 1 teaspoon of almond extract until smooth; set aside.

Place drained cherries on a paper towel. Pat cherries dry, place on cutting board and coarsely chop; set aside.

In a mixer on slow speed, combine remaining cake mix, remaining apple butter, remaining almond extract and egg substitute for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and mix until smooth, about 2 minutes more; stir in cherries.

Fill muffin pans 3/4 full with cherry mixture. Bake until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, about 15 to 17 minutes. Allow to cool in pans for 5 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Frost each cupcake with 1 teaspoon reserved frosting. Yields 1 cupcake per serving.

I've made these before! They are delish :yum: