Weird Bug Bite

Toxick

Splat
I have two odd looking bug bites. I was busting up fence pieces, and there was about 950,000 different kinds of bugs running around on the pieces.

Now I have three odd looking bug bites. They look like mosquito bites, if mosquito-bites were flatter, wider and irregular shaped. One is kind of shaped like Alaska - panhandle and all.

And it itches like blue-hell.

Any ideas what they might be? I've never had anything like these. I was planning on going out, but I'm holding off to see I start feeling sick. I have no idea what bit me.

C

czygvtwkr

Don't itch it, put some alcohol on it.

Unless it was a blackwidow I dont think you have anything to worry about but I am pretty sure you would have know about that.

Ponytail

Prolly just mosquitos. Mine take on very odd shapes before the usual uniform circular red bump.

I wouldn't worry about it. If it were a spider or somthing like that that would be harmful to you, there'd be other symptoms by now...red area getting larger, more painful than it is itchy, flu symptoms...

You're fine. BUT, if you know of a local doctors office with a few hot nurses that could help you keep ice on it long enough to get a phone number from, go for it! :biggrin:

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by Ponytail
I wouldn't worry about it. If it were a spider or somthing like that that would be harmful to you, there'd be other symptoms by now...red area getting larger, more painful than it is itchy, flu symptoms...

Cool. Thanks. So far I'm feeling good. There were funky looking spiders in the incredible squirming mass of invertibrates. I thought one might have gotten me.

Originally posted by Ponytail
You're fine. BUT, if you know of a local doctors office with a few hot nurses that could help you keep ice on it long enough to get a phone number from, go for it! :biggrin:

I'm sure my wife would just love that :wink:

H

HollowSoul

Originally posted by Toxick
I have two odd looking bug bites. I was busting up fence pieces, and there was about 950,000 different kinds of bugs running around on the pieces.

Now I have three odd looking bug bites. They look like mosquito bites, if mosquito-bites were flatter, wider and irregular shaped. One is kind of shaped like Alaska - panhandle and all.

Any ideas what they might be? I've never had anything like these. I was planning on going out, but I'm holding off to see I start feeling sick. I have no idea what bit me.
toxic
being as though i'm

H

HollowSoul

toxic
being as though i'm a missouri boy and i practically lost my virginity in the woods....i might know what bit you.
now i don't know the $10 name for em but we call em biting termites....
they are extremely small but the bite is a pain in the @ss.....
the acid in their salive got under your skin and started dissolving your weaker skin tissue.....i know....yuk
i had bites that looked like stars.......what worked for us and x-cuse the spelling is campho-phenique

TWLs wife

Try putting Campho-pheniqiue on it. :biggrin:

R

rhumbpunch

No trying to get freaky deaky on ya, but monitor them closely.

Iwas doing the same thing, clearing timber etc. Two bites, itched like hell. Well they did not go away. After losing tissue, and a couple of weeks, went to the doc, spider bites (brown recluse).

Antibiotics, etc, still have the scars. Agian keep an eye on them.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
When I was bit by a spider a few weeks ago there were two distinct (red) fang marks circled by a halo bluish bruise about the size of a penny. Just watch the spot and see if it pustiles or turns black, then worry.

meme

The Smart Hooker
Could it possibly be red ants (aka fire ants)?

I was bitten a few weeks ago by a Scorpion. They have a ton of em' down here. Fortunately they are NON poisoness. I still had to go to the ER to get checked out because I'm 8 months pregnant.

Damn BUGS!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by meme
Could it possibly be red ants (aka fire ants)?

I was bitten a few weeks ago by a Scorpion. They have a ton of em' down here. Fortunately they are NON poisoness. I still had to go to the ER to get checked out because I'm 8 months pregnant.

Damn BUGS!
Eewww...!

I hope all is well though.

meme

The Smart Hooker
Thanks...it was swollen for a day or two. It actually felt like I had stepped on a bee. I didn't know that Scorpions here weren't poisoness, so of course my first reaction was "OMG I'm dying!:cheers: :cheers:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by meme
Thanks...it was swollen for a day or two. It actually felt like I had stepped on a bee. I didn't know that Scorpions here weren't poisoness, so of course my first reaction was "OMG I'm dying!:cheers: :cheers:
When I was a kid I thought that if the bee was on the screen I could pet it. Not a good idea.

Later on I stpped on a yellow jacket, that hurt like a MOFO.

C

cmdrfunk

do the bites look anything like this?

p5.jpg

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I think so long as they aren't tick, black widow, or brown recluse bites... there isn't much else you gotta worry about around here, am I wrong?

that's assuming you're not allergic to anything else.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by sleuth
I think so long as they aren't tick, black widow, or brown recluse bites... there isn't much else you gotta worry about around here, am I wrong?

that's assuming you're not allergic to anything else.

I've seen an old man get bit by a brown recluse spider and he came to see us at the visitor center when I was a Naturalist/Historian down at Point Lookout State Park a few Summers ago. He showed us his hand where he had been bit and it was all black. I think he had a knack for knowing whatever he could and had many books at his house and he had told us that your skin literally dies from the poison. :cool:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Originally posted by BuddyLee
I've seen an old man get bit by a brown recluse spider and he came to see us at the visitor center when I was a Naturalist/Historian down at Point Lookout State Park a few Summers ago. He showed us his hand where he had been bit and it was all black. I think he had a knack for knowing whatever he could and had many books at his house and he had told us that your skin literally dies from the poison. :cool:

There were pictures going around the internet a while back where a man got bit by a brown recluse on his thumb.....It showed from the first bite to about 2 weeks later....GROSS...:barf: Felt sorry for that poor guy....