welcome to Murlin, "the Free State".... but....

DannyMotorcycle

I'm all for plug in electric hybrids and EV's.. If you don't need to tote around a generator in your car, that's fine.. but vehicles being straight gas wastes gas and brake pads.. I'm not under any illusions about environmental impacts or kids working for materials.. I would just rather gas be in less demand and cheaper. it's nice to store energy on board.. Especially when i get the energy free from public chargers.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
IMO, the issue with EVs and why people are so against them is that this regime in the WH is trying to force them down our throat when most people know that the infrastructure is no where close to being able to support them on a huge scale.
That and styling, they look like they had a competition to see who could make the uglies vehicle. I'm going with the Tesla truck as the winner.

DannyMotorcycle

I used to hate the 06 prius especially in white, looking like someone is driving a huge egg.. (i know not full EV's)..
between the mileage not being so great and the battery replacement costing 5 grand...
but now i've come around to making decent money fixing and selling them.. you can pretty much fix them yourself for $60 or pay about 3 to 4 hundred to get the battery 'fixed' or you have a couple of other options to get a replacement used battery witn lifetime warranty for $1600 installed or so or brand new lithium batteries for like $2200..

but back to EV styling, I like the Volt styling and my Egolf looks like a regular golf.. EVs started to appear funky looking but i think they're starting to become better with styling now.