Well, now I know why these freaks are kirking out and busting chit up

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's the beauty of the 1st amendment. It not only protects civil people's right to speak freely, but it protects utter fools right to expose their utter foolishness.

But it DOESN'T protect outright treason.

See Article III, Section III of the United States Constitution.

PsyOps

Pixelated
But it DOESN'T protect outright treason.

See Article III, Section III of the United States Constitution.

Of course it doesn't. I'm not suggesting that at all. But I don't want people shut up because they say ignorant things. I want ignorant people to expose themselves. If nothing else, I am entertained by most of it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Of course it doesn't. I'm not suggesting that at all. But I don't want people shut up because they say ignorant things. I want ignorant people to expose themselves. If nothing else, I am entertained by most of it.

Ignorant is one thing; threats against our President and his family are something else entirely. Causing a panic - aka "shouting 'fire' in a crowded theater" - is not protected as free speech. Flat out lying about someone's actions or character is defamation, a crime and NOT free speech.

The progs crossed the line from free speech to criminal speech a long time ago.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Ignorant is one thing; threats against our President and his family are something else entirely. Causing a panic - aka "shouting 'fire' in a crowded theater" - is not protected as free speech. Flat out lying about someone's actions or character is defamation, a crime and NOT free speech.

The progs crossed the line from free speech to criminal speech a long time ago.

Come on Vrai, I know how to distinguish the difference between criminal speech and free speech. I'm not advocating people being free to speak in terms that are considered criminal.

You post things on here that could be construed as advocating violence or harm to others; but we know you're being hyperbolic. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You post things on here that could be construed as advocating violence or harm to others; but we know you're being hyperbolic. :shrug:

But if I were saying those things AND out behaving violently, you would be more inclined to think I'm serious, wouldn't you?

As in, I say so-and-so should be strapped to the chair or punched in the throat. But what if I said that AND was stalking that person, getting mobs together to hamper their movement, and vandalizing their home? You'd probably take me more seriously, wouldn't you?

Plus, "could be construed" is a matter of opinion. "Who's going to take one for the team and kill Trump?" leaves no doubt as to intention.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_1647.JPG

PsyOps

Pixelated
But if I were saying those things AND out behaving violently, you would be more inclined to think I'm serious, wouldn't you?

As in, I say so-and-so should be strapped to the chair or punched in the throat. But what if I said that AND was stalking that person, getting mobs together to hamper their movement, and vandalizing their home? You'd probably take me more seriously, wouldn't you?

Plus, "could be construed" is a matter of opinion. "Who's going to take one for the team and kill Trump?" leaves no doubt as to intention.

The way I see it is... someone says something, and others act out on it. Hillary says they are going to be uncivil, and her bots go out and act out the marching order. Hillary isn't the one doing the illegal stuff; she's just telegraphing the message.

I don't have any doubt in my mind there are people, right now, planning on how they can assassinate Trump. Those people aren't going to get out on social media and blab about it. They are the ones to worry about; the Stephen Paddocks of the world. Should Hillary be arrested for saying they are going to be uncivil, then see ANTIFA commit acts of violence and actually use those words in their future threats? Your call to have someone strapped to the chair and fried... if someone actually did it, should you be held accountable for that? Or were you simply exercising your free speech rights?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm not a big fan of Bob E. I'm more a Sara type. Everybody doesn't have to like it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Your call to have someone strapped to the chair and fried... if someone actually did it, should you be held accountable for that? Or were you simply exercising your free speech rights?

I'm not a public figure. Certainly not on the level of Hillary Clinton. I have also not "called for" "my followers" to electrocute anyone, unless you count our elected officials who are responsible for death penalty laws and implementation.

And frankly, anyone I've said should be strapped to the chair, *should* be strapped to the chair. :razz: