Well Skins Fans

Larry Gude

Strung Out
As a life long Bears fan I lived Through our Rex years. I guess it is your turn now.

Not that this will make you feel any better but, he was brought here as a back up. That he is now our starter is a credit to him as much as a knock against us for struggling to find a better quarterback. He, clearly, is better than McNabb was and beat Beck, the early choice of the coaches, to earn the job. :shrug:

How is Jay working out for y'ah? :evil:

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Give me two more quality drafts.

We need a decent draft EVERY year. I mean, consider; Fletcher can't go forever and he is and has been our defensive MVP since he got here. We still are little better than average on the O line. We stink, still, at WR. And still have the help wanted sign up at qb.

We seem good on D line and secondary with a little depth but, it would be nice to have another corner over 5' tall.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think Jay Cutler could be an elite QB if they had some form of offensive line....I don't know how he made it through the season last year.....

I think Jay Cutler is Jeff George. With a weaker arm.

I don't care if you put him on the Patriots or Colts; there is more to being qb than a strong arm.

thurley42

HY;FR
I think Jay Cutler is Jeff George. With a weaker arm.

I don't care if you put him on the Patriots or Colts; there is more to being qb than a strong arm.

True, but Sexy Rexy is a great example of a mediocre QB succeeding in the right system. The Bears have all the tools for a championship caliber team except the O line...and I don't understand why they let their only decent lineman go at the end of last season.

There is a lot more, IMO, to Cutler than a strong arm. He's infamous for having a poor attitude, but it looked like he was going to put that behind him in Chicago. It is just hard because of all the shots he takes....I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm just impressed that he keeps getting up.....

for now.:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
True, but Sexy Rexy is a great example of a mediocre QB succeeding in the right system. The Bears have all the tools for a championship caliber team except the O line...and I don't understand why they let their only decent lineman go at the end of last season.

There is a lot more, IMO, to Cutler than a strong arm. He's infamous for having a poor attitude, but it looked like he was going to put that behind him in Chicago. It is just hard because of all the shots he takes....I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm just impressed that he keeps getting up.....

for now.:buddies:

Name me a starting NFL quarterback that doesn't take shots and keep getting back up?

Trent Dilfer torched the set of the ESPN NFL gang when, after they got done with their Mike Vick pity party, pointed out that Vick gets MORE flags thrown for hitting him late than any other top line quarterback. Then, he said Vick should shut up and do his job and that his job is to make a read, throw an accurate pass...and get smashed into.

It was a thing of beauty.

thurley42

HY;FR
Name me a starting NFL quarterback that doesn't take shots and keep getting back up?

Trent Dilfer torched the set of the ESPN NFL gang when, after they got done with their Mike Vick pity party, pointed out that Vick gets MORE flags thrown for hitting him late than any other top line quarterback. Then, he said Vick should shut up and do his job and that his job is to make a read, throw an accurate pass...and get smashed into.

They all get back up..unless they are Joe Theisman :killingme

Without having the statistics in front of me, but having a best friend who is a die hard Bears fan (so I saw dang near every Bears game last year) I would say Cutler has taken more hits in the last 2 seasons than anyone by a long shot.....They couldn't get a 3 step drop off last year without him taking a shot...

It's just something that stuck with me, if he had time he was making the throws, but the guy never had time....

That being said, how about Colt..he's coming along nicely.....A Peyton Hillis-less Browns team getting the W.....that was a thing of beauty..

Baz

This. ------------------>

Trent Dilfer knows his stuff. In an industry of cloned know-it-alls, he seems to actually know it all, at least when it comes to what he comments on. Also, he isn't shy about calling BS when he hears it, no matter who it's from.

thurley42

HY;FR
Not fair! That was one tough SOB until the Taylor sack.

I concur...just thought it was a prime chance at humor...

On the Trent Dilfer subject...he's pretty good.....I want to punch my tv everytime Merril Hodge speaks though....you were a fullback...shut up and block the end.....

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

:

It was a $500,000 difference of opinion.

Baz

I concur...just thought it was a prime chance at humor...

On the Trent Dilfer subject...he's pretty good.....I want to punch my tv everytime Merril Hodge speaks though....you were a fullback...shut up and block the end.....

Hodge was a damn good fullback, back when teams actually hired fullbacks. Wonder why teams can't run the ball like they used to? No fullbacks. Or teams half-assing it and putting TE's as fullbacks.

No surprise teams can't get 1 yard on 4th and 1.

thurley42

HY;FR
Hodge was a damn good fullback, back when teams actually hired fullbacks. Wonder why teams can't run the ball like they used to? No fullbacks. Or teams half-assing it and putting TE's as fullbacks.

No surprise teams can't get 1 yard on 4th and 1.

I don't care how good he was. He is a horrible analyst.

Baz

I don't care how good he was. He is a horrible analyst.

Opinion noted.

Now that ESPN is feeling the heat from NFL Network, they're now adding even more NFL analysts to their already overcrowded NFL "expert" lineup.
They're not all gonna be good. Or even good enough.

Last edited: