Westboro Baptist in our neck of the woods

bcp

In My Opinion
...people have every right to be outraged and angry at these people. Please, go counter protest. Just keep your cool. Be smarter than them. They want you to spew venom and invective at them and I wouldn't be surprised if they actually hope one of them gets killed doing the Lords work, as they see it.

The worst you can do is give them what they want. Remember that.
you are very correct.
regardless of the desire to run them down,, the best way to fight them is to ignore them.
No recognizing they are there, no contfrontations, no media exsposure.

if they lose the power of the media and the crowds, they lose everything. They more people protest their actions, the stronger they get.

as hard as that might be.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Want to really piss them off? This is not meant to be an offense to any Christians, but this group of freaks need a taste of their own medicine.

Burn Jesus in effigy and mock their beliefs. Dress like devils and angels and make signs saying Jesus wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.. Or God hates insane religious zealots.

That's ridiculous. That would be offensive to most people at the counter-protest, not to mention the family of Mrs. Mallard. The WBC people would just see it as proof that they're right.

No good.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good...

you are very correct.
regardless of the desire to run them down,, the best way to fight them is to ignore them.

if they lose the power of the media and the crowds, they lose everything. They more people protest their actions, the stronger they get.

...Lord. Of to buy a lottery ticker I go.

Great post. That's the best idea, right there. :lmao:

:buddies:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
...people have every right to be outraged and angry at these people. Please, go counter protest. Just keep your cool. Be smarter than them. They want you to spew venom and invective at them and I wouldn't be surprised if they actually hope one of them gets killed doing the Lords work, as they see it.

I completely agree with this. When Patriot Guard attends these funerals, they stand as a shield between the freaks and the mourners. My suggestion is that we do the same thing - form a wall.

I'm trying to find out more information about the funeral - are they meeting at the high school, then going on the the funeral home? It doesn't make a lot of sense for them to hold their protest at a school.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
you are very correct.

"Ignore them and they'll go away" has been tried, and it hasn't done any good. You're not talking about sane, rational people here.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That...

I completely agree with this. When Patriot Guard attends these funerals, they stand as a shield between the freaks and the mourners. My suggestion is that we do the same thing - form a wall.

I'm trying to find out more information about the funeral - are they meeting at the high school, then going on the the funeral home? It doesn't make a lot of sense for them to hold their protest at a school.

...gave me a chill. Go get 'em!

bcp

In My Opinion
after my knee jerk reaction of giving them an ass whoopin, I realize that the very best thing that could happen is nothing.

the family has enough grief right now without adding to it an all out riot at the funeral.
I didnt know her, but I can pretty much guess that Tanya Mallard did not die with hopes of her death causing any injury to any other person. She chose a career path of helping people, she helped drunks, criminals, children that were injured playing etc.. She was not able to walk away from an injured person because she did not agree with what they did, she helped them.

I have to wonder, someone like that, would they risk physical violence, or injury to others in this same situation? I doubt it, I imagine that if it were someone elses funeral, and the westboro azzholes were beaten while protesting, Mrs. Mallard would have been there picking up the pieces and trying to keep them alive long enough to get them to a hospital.

the less attention the azzholes get, the less they will be noticed by the family.

Now, after the funeral, and after the family is gone, Im pretty sure no tears would be shed if the westboro bus accidently flipped over the side of the bridge on its way out of town..

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

"Ignore them and they'll go away" has been tried, and it hasn't done any good. You're not talking about sane, rational people here.

...what bcp is suggesting is the impossible; completely ignore them. Then, the family is left to deal with them alone.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
you are very correct.

I disagree with ignoring them.

The Patriot Guard is a great idea but it garners it's own media attention and causes people to focus on the protesters even more than they already do.

I think the best route would be to ACTUALLY plan a counter to the WBC ass holes.

Dress for a funeral. Don't wear any insignia/badges showing affiliation with any group whatsoever. Just blend with the funeral goers.

Quietly and calmly block them from the family as best you can.

Physically crowd them away. But do it PASSIVELY... Consult with law enforcement officers on the best methods to do this LEGALLY, and what recourse is appropriate in the event of a physical confrontation.

Above all, don't go with a chip on your shoulder looking for a confrontation. The one thought first and foremost in your mind ought to be that THIS IS A FUNERAL!

Now, once the funeral is OVER and the family has DEPARTED... Do what ever you feel is best to discourage those ####heads.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love

[FONT=&quot]Tonya Mallard, EMT[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Funeral Service Information[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Viewing:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friday, October 3, 2008[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lighthouse[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Baptist Church[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3150 Middletown Road[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Waldorf[/FONT][FONT=&quot], Maryland[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]20603 (next to Westlake HS)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]*Alternate parking located in the school bus parking lot of Westlake high school. Shuttle service will be provided for these requiring additional services.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Service:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Saturday, October 4, 2008 9:00am[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]North[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Point High School[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 2500 Davis Road.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Waldorf, Maryland[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 20603[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Internment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Saturday, October 4, 2008; immediately following service[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dulaney[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Valley Memorial Gardens[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]200 E. Padonia Road[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Timonium Maryland[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]21093[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Motorcade to travel the following route:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]North[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Point High School[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to Davis Rd. to Bunker Hill Rd. to Middletown Rd. to Smallwood Dr. passing Fire Station 12. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Travel Crain Hwy, northbound to Route 5 north, to Interstate 95 towards Baltimore. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Follow to 695 West towards Towson. Exit on to Interstate 83 north to the 2nd exit. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Donations to the Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department in lieu of flowers can be sent to:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Waldorf Volunteer Fire Dept. EMS 12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3245 Old Washington Rd.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Waldorf Maryland 20602[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]PRESS:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Please contact Capt. Jeff Duer (WVFD) on Tuesday, September 30th AFTER 5:00pm for information regarding a designated area specifically for members of the press [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]@ 301-742-4708 or 301-870-4708.[/FONT]

you are very correct.

They are not being or ever have been ignored. They always get attention.

I disagree with ignoring them.

The Patriot Guard is a great idea but it garners it's own media attention and causes people to focus on the protesters even more than they already do.

I think the best route would be to ACTUALLY plan a counter to the WBC ass holes.

Dress for a funeral. Don't wear any insignia/badges showing affiliation with any group whatsoever. Just blend with the funeral goers.

Quietly and calmly block them from the family as best you can.

Physically crowd them away. But do it PASSIVELY... Consult with law enforcement officers on the best methods to do this LEGALLY, and what recourse is appropriate in the event of a physical confrontation.

Above all, don't go with a chip on your shoulder looking for a confrontation. The one thought first and foremost in your mind ought to be that THIS IS A FUNERAL!

Now, once the funeral is OVER and the family has DEPARTED... Do what ever you feel is best to discourage those ####heads.

I agree with this tactic, I want to say they usually show up at either cemetery... I have half a mind to cancel or delaying our going to the Renn Fest on Saturday, hitch my camper up and put a big ass sign across the side of it wishing the Mallard family the best.

I can say the fire departments will be there in full force at all intersections and entry way into the cemetery... I am sure those boys will be taking care of business.

bcp

In My Opinion
anyway to find out where the #######s will be standing?

I could certainly see being part of a living wall to shield them from the family.

even if they were surrounded so they could not move to an open spot, Im pretty sure it would be legal, so long as nobody took action against them.

remember, the love to take people to court for violating their rights when they are confronted.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
[FONT=&quot]Internment:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Saturday, October 4, 2008; immediately following service[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dulaney[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Valley Memorial Gardens[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]200 E. Padonia Road[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Timonium Maryland[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]21093[/FONT]
Anyone know why she's being buried all the way up in Baltimore County? The Police medic is also being buried in the same cemetery.

bcp

In My Opinion
I agree with this tactic, I want to say they usually show up at either cemetery... I have half a mind to cancel or delaying our going to the Renn Fest on Saturday, hitch my camper up and put a big ass sign across the side of it wishing the Mallard family the best.
I was thinking the same. thats why I was wonder where they would be, between us we have close to 100ft of blocking power. Problem is, they can walk past the campers faster than we can move them.

anyway to find out where the #######s will be standing?

I could certainly see being part of a living wall to shield them from the family.

even if they were surrounded so they could not move to an open spot, Im pretty sure it would be legal, so long as nobody took action against them.

remember, the love to take people to court for violating their rights when they are confronted.

The article at the ass's website said @ the school at 8:15 - I guess they are going to protest at the service...

bcp

In My Opinion
The article at the ass's website said @ the school at 8:15 - I guess they are going to protest at the service...
if they are going to meet at the school, are they going to group up and then go from there?
if so, what if once they were in and organizing their attack, somebody were to block off the exits so they were unable to remove their vehicles from the parking lot.
Im not familiar with the area at all, would it be possible to essentially block them in and keep them from making it to their destination?

I was thinking the same. thats why I was wonder where they would be, between us we have close to 100ft of blocking power. Problem is, they can walk past the campers faster than we can move them.

Pretty much so. :lol:

I called one of my cop buddies to get some intel from him. I can imagine they will there in full force... I would also imagine WVFD and other county departments will have enough hardware there to shield the protesters.

if they are going to meet at the school, are they going to group up and then go from there?
if so, what if once they were in and organizing their attack, somebody were to block off the exits so they were unable to remove their vehicles from the parking lot.
Im not familiar with the area at all, would it be possible to essentially block them in and keep them from making it to their destination?

The service, the day of the funeral is scheduled at 9am at NorthPoint HS... the protesters are organizing at the same school at 8:15am...