Western Attire

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
So I want to start Showmanship/ Halter classes with my guy and i need western attire. i know everyone says hobbyhorse and ebay are the best ways to go but i was wondering if anyone knew of any other places or possibly had soem yourselves. My horse is Liver chestnut and i would like chocolate with teal or pink i think. i need like an extra small.. any help would be appriciated

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I just lent out alot of my stuff...I dont think I would go chocolate with a liver..go to seargents and they have a color chart..also colors depend on your age..most kids were bright colors etc...My stuff is going to be too big for you but I have a broach earring set (cheepies) that look good I will give ya..

BlissfulJumper

I just lent out alot of my stuff...I dont think I would go chocolate with a liver..go to seargents and they have a color chart..also colors depend on your age..most kids were bright colors etc...My stuff is going to be too big for you but I have a broach earring set (cheepies) that look good I will give ya..

Okay the chart on hobbyhorse said chocolate would work i think and natural tones. I'm 17 and I don't mind being all bright and blinged out. Thanks for the offer we'll see what happens when i get my clothes. Your a big ebay-er right? If you happend to stumble across anything please let me know. TIA

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
There are some fancy fancy things on ebay..for a showmanship jacket think about the thrift store you can actually find some really neat jackets there..If you find one on ebay post the linkie we can tell you what we think of it.

Robin

Go to congress in a few weeks and you will have such a variety of things to choose from. You will also get to see the trends that your age group is wearing and all the popular do's and dont's.

BlissfulJumper

There are some fancy fancy things on ebay..for a showmanship jacket think about the thrift store you can actually find some really neat jackets there..If you find one on ebay post the linkie we can tell you what we think of it.

when i searched it i only got 6 results.. im not a very good ebay-er haha.
i did find this but its chocolate...
1849 CHOCOLATE SLINKY

BlissfulJumper

Go to congress in a few weeks and you will have such a variety of things to choose from. You will also get to see the trends that your age group is wearing and all the popular do's and dont's.

Now robin dont you remember us talking about congress.. i need a responible adult to moniter me hahaha. are you volunteering yourself? :lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I have a chocolate slinky...I just dont think that would work with a chestnut..Also you want a jacket for showmanship or halter.

BlissfulJumper

Depends on the style of the jacket... just look under Showmanship jacket on ebay see what you find..post some

that brought up more results :smile:

here's some i like..

Horsemanship Blues Costume Showmanship Rail Jacket! M - eBay (item 150296313278 end time Oct-18-08 21:00:20 PDT)
Love navy on my horse but that one is a tad to big i think

**Blushing Pink/Gold** Day jacket w/showmanship pant !! - eBay (item 260288314269 end time Sep-19-08 16:00:00 PDT)
Not my absolute favorite

why do alot of them say "Rail showmanship horsemanship jacket shirt"

showqueen74

for showmanship, you want to avoid having cuffs. That seems to be a trend for now, unless you dont mind buying a new outfit every year. You also want to look and be sure that it is hemmed (sp) at the bottom, showmanship is worn outside the pants. The overall goal is to have a long siloette, meaning that you want to try and stay with the same color for most of your ourfit. (dont want a whit shirt with black pants, cuts your look in half) gloves are out for now, so have your nailes done. Now is the time to be trying to buy and prices will go down through Feb (on E-bay anyway). 1849 is good, Seargents, Tobys western wear on e-bay and there are some hi end one of a kind makers out there too. You can alway call or txt me too.

Robin

Now robin dont you remember us talking about congress.. i need a responible adult to moniter me hahaha. are you volunteering yourself? :lmao:

I would take you if I was going. Its fun walking around and talking and meeting up with friends you haven't seen in years. I think it would be a good experience for you to watch the shows and hang in the warm up ring with the trainers and professionals. It would alo give you an opportunity to see How the classes run and whats new for next year and what they are wearing in the ring. They are getting away from the heavy leather rail shirts and Jackets.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
If I hadn't blown through my vacation last week I would go to Congress.

I would think a teal would look great with his coloring. Chocolate would just to kind of blah. Teal is more look at me.

BlissfulJumper

I want to try to start with the MW show in October. If I cant find any what are some quick options for me.

ShowQueen... Do you think MA has any of B's old clothes still?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I want to try to start with the MW show in October. If I cant find any what are some quick options for me.

ShowQueen... Do you think MA has any of B's old clothes still?

Ask her someone might have something for sale..but those gals recycle clothes all the time..I would be shocked if she still has stuff she is not using..Let me know if you need a "tail" for your horse..

BlissfulJumper

Ask her someone might have something for sale..but those gals recycle clothes all the time..I would be shocked if she still has stuff she is not using..Let me know if you need a "tail" for your horse..

ya that's what i thought to.. wear it once and get rid of it is how that works haha. and he's got pretty good tail long and somewhat full. the top needs to grow out and then it'll be alot thicker but i've been thinking about gettin liek a half pund just to fill it in and I almost think the style is to have a fake tail even if you do have a good one. How much do the half pounds run?