Western riding lessons

Animals4Life

Have a friend whose daughter was taking lesson's at Infinity Farm with Maggie but Maggie has decided to stop teaching. Friend is checking with Holly Point but is their anyone else out there in St. Mary's County that does Western lessons? Thanks.

Robin

Julie ...Manager Equestrian studies at Flat Iron Farm The flyers I have says she is a level 4 CHA for both english and western riding. I know the shows she has there at the farm also have western classes. Stop down there and talk to her and find out if she is giving any specific instruction in that area.
With in a few miles of your already travel time. Good luck

N

Not4you

If CHA is like some of the others, they only update their websites once a year. If you don't pay your dues, then they won't keep posting your name. Alot of these sites have not been updated in a loooong time.

S

saddlesore

Not4you said:
If CHA is like some of the others, they only update their websites once a year. If you don't pay your dues, then they won't keep posting your name. Alot of these sites have not been updated in a loooong time.

I'd like to find a good Western trainer myself. Are there no organisations for the Western trainers? I'd prefer to take from someone who just does Western, as opposed to someone who is CHA certified to teach it, but only rides English herself.

fredsaid2

Winn Dixie said:
Julie used to be on the list but she's not there now, did she change her last name? :howdy:

Not that I'm aware of. The girls who board at FI should be able to tell you. Perhaps it's just a matter of paying due like the others said. Either way, it always pays to verify what you read!

Thomas99

The farm had a clinic with Julie Goodnight, the program director of CHA, for the dept. of ag. At that time the farm also got accredited by CHA. I don't think that its a matter of not being certified for Julie- may have been an update issue of the site. She is all about being certified and keeping up with that. Maybe it lapsed when she was traveling a year and half ago. Can't imagine that the farm got accedited without dues paid.

She was teaching a gal that took res. champ(year end award) at SMHA last year in WP and last year took training horses for western pl. work from some savvy horse owners. She also taught at the horse science school at the P.G. equestrian center last year. She taught a horsemanship class- the kids loved her and she was able to help the ones that were showing at the AQHA shows. She does not claim to be the best- she learned most of what she knows in FL with Lynn Palm and Sandy Vaughn. They seem to know what they are doing with it.

hbic

Thomas99 said:
The farm had a clinic with Julie Goodnight, the program director of CHA, for the dept. of ag. At that time the farm also got accredited by CHA. I don't think that its a matter of not being certified for Julie- may have been an update issue of the site. She is all about being certified and keeping up with that. Maybe it lapsed when she was traveling a year and half ago. Can't imagine that the farm got accedited without dues paid.

She was teaching a gal that took res. champ(year end award) at SMHA last year in WP and last year took training horses for western pl. work from some savvy horse owners. She also taught at the horse science school at the P.G. equestrian center last year. She taught a horsemanship class- the kids loved her and she was able to help the ones that were showing at the AQHA shows. She does not claim to be the best- she learned most of what she knows in FL with Lynn Palm and Sandy Vaughn. They seem to know what they are doing with it.

Hi Julie

fredsaid2

Thomas99 said:

Maybe you could bring it to her attention that neither she or the farm is listed in any capacity. I'd be upset if I'd paid the fees and months later still didn't show as certified.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
fredsaid2 said:
Maybe you could bring it to her attention that neither she or the farm is listed in any capacity. I'd be upset if I'd paid the fees and months later still didn't show as certified.

:yeahthat:

hbic

For anyone who would like to check references: the numbers are

Lynn Palm is (352) 629-3310, email generalinfo@lynnpalm.com
Sandy Vaughn (352)603-0847

both are in Ocala, FL

I've emailed Lynn & have a call into Sandy...as I'm interested in a reliable trainer myself.