What A Feast!

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
.....and he is welcome to all of them.

Guess I need to go out earlier in the day.

0922221244~2.jpg

dave20

Get a couple of those plastic or china eggs they use to break hens from trying to set the eggs until they hatch. That sucker will have a belly ache that will never go away if they swallow one of those. They'll never be able to crush them.

TPD

the poor dad
Them thar chickens would be gone by the end of the day-TPD don’t play dem snake games!!

my-thyme

Patron
Hate to kill a black snake, but this guy lost his head.

Maybe. Killing snakes, any snake, in MD is illegal. So, maybe not. Who knows.

:sshrug:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Hate to kill a black snake, but this guy lost his head.

Maybe. Killing snakes, any snake, in MD is illegal. So, maybe not. Who knows.

:sshrug:
A quote from the UMD Extension Service website: "Even if you suspect that the snake is venomous, avoid killing it. Countless species of harmless snakes are killed because people thought they were doing the right thing. It is illegal to kill snakes in Maryland."

my-thyme

Patron
See, that black snake would forget where that nest is and never come back.

slither away, snakie, slither away

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm the last one to kill for the sake of killing, but if he eats what I plan to eat, he's gotta go. Idgaf what the law says. Now, that being said, I've got a six foot black snake that helps me with the mouse population around here. He can stay until I build my chicken coop. If eggs start missing, he's gotta go.

Last edited:

rio

I know someone who was bitten by a black snake years ago. They have permanent nerve damage and limited movement to their wrist and hand from that bite. Harmless if you see them first and leave them alone, not so much if they find you first!
We mostly leave black snakes alone, but the one that took our eggs, the one that almost got in the house were not.

Kinnakeet

I know someone who was bitten by a black snake years ago. They have permanent nerve damage and limited movement to their wrist and hand from that bite. Harmless if you see them first and leave them alone, not so much if they find you first!
We mostly leave black snakes alone, but the one that took our eggs, the one that almost got in the house were not.
Do not pull away their teeth are curved back so pray cannot escape they are harmless black snakes that is,

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your considetion ...

Wasn't a black snake then.

"Pantherophis obsoletus, also known commonly as the western rat snake, black rat snake, pilot black snake, or simply black snake, is a nonvenomous species of snake in the family Colubridae."

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

This, and just from the force of the bite and where the bite hit. Just like a dog that doesn't have a hard bite, or isn't vicious, if it gets you in the right spot it can do serious damage.

"Do black snakes have fangs? Black snakes do not have fangs as they do not need them to deliver venom, so the bite marks resemble human teeth when they bite."

rio

"Do black snakes have fangs? Black snakes do not have fangs as they do not need them to deliver venom, so the bite marks resemble human teeth when they bite."
I have considered......

Your comments are not changing a thing that happened to the person I know who was bitten by a black snake and now has permanent damage from the bite. But thanks for the info on black snakes. Really appreciate it👍

LightRoasted

If I may ...

I have considered......

Your comments are not changing a thing that happened to the person I know who was bitten by a black snake and now has permanent damage from the bite. But thanks for the info on black snakes. Really appreciate it👍

You are welcome. Though, I was, in a 'round about way, trying to, surreptitiously, say, that it was indeed not a black snake that bit your friend.