What a woman! 16 children and counting!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
They've been on tv before. I can't remember what channel but it told about their life and how they are building their new house. She was pregnant with this baby at the time. The kids are all musicians (violins for one), they all help with everything....seemed very organized and they do seem like a very nice family. I do think the mom is wearing out her body though.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
More power to them. I know I personally would not be able to handle all those children. My grandfather was one of twelve children.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
cattitude said:
They've been on tv before. I can't remember what channel but it told about their life and how they are building their new house. She was pregnant with this baby at the time. The kids are all musicians (violins for one), they all help with everything....seemed very organized and they do seem like a very nice family. I do think the mom is wearing out her body though.

I saw that same program. I remember people voicing concerns about them being able to support all those kids but they pay cash for everything. I believe their phrase was "Buy used and save the difference". I also remember they use the buddy system. Each older child has younger buddy to take care of in the dressing, eating, bathing and homework dept. When they get older then they will become a buddy. I was very impressed with their organization and I have to say their kids had more responsibility and were better behaved than most teens I see.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
AK-74me said:
Yeah TLC, it has aired a few times over the past year or so.
If she was pregnant with the current newborn, that is one heck of a long pregnancy then.

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
jwwb2000 said:
More power to them. I know I personally would not be able to handle all those children. My grandfather was one of twelve children.
My mom is one of 9 and her mother was one of 17. Good Catholic family. :twitch:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
RoseRed said:
If she was pregnant with the current newborn, that is one heck of a long pregnancy then.

During the airing of the show she had just found out what she was having for her 15 th child.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I know several families around here that were "blessed" with scads of kids. One family had 22 chillens, another family had 17, another had 12, and another family had 23 kids (11 sets of twins plus one single birth!). Yikes!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BadGirl said:
I know several families around here that were "blessed" with scads of kids. One family had 22 chillens, another family had 17, another had 12, and another family had 23 kids (11 sets of twins plus one single birth!). Yikes!
:yikes: I'm busy with one! :lol:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
BadGirl said:

11 sets of twins :yikes: Weird...I just watched a show on Discovery about a woman who'd had three sets of twins and they said she was one of only a few hundred in the U.S with more than two sets of twins. I would think that woman should be in the Guiness Book of Records. :lol:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
cattitude said:
11 sets of twins :yikes: Weird...I just watched a show on Discovery about a woman who'd had three sets of twins and they said she was one of only a few hundred in the U.S with more than two sets of twins. I would think that woman should be in the Guiness Book of Records. :lol:
You know..... I heard that story and was skeptical of whether or not it was true. It came from a somewhat reliable source, but it still left me wondering if it was true. The person I heard it from was the daughter of one of the sets of twins, so you'd think that she'd know what she's talking about.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
What's wrong with that? If they can afford the energy and money it takes to raise them, go buddy! Looks like a nice looking bunch to me.
AS close together in age these kids are, her body couldn't have had much time to recover.. but living by the gospel (I'm betting they are Mormon) they will continue to pump them out until she can longer have any, or is dead. Of course after 10 or 11, delivery probably comes fairly easy.. they probably just slide right out at that point..

janey83

Twenty Something
My aunt and uncle took care of 82 children over the course of 20+ years....3 of their own and then foster and adopted children, phillynews.com has a story :yay:

nomoney

janey83 said:
My aunt and uncle took care of 82 children over the course of 20+ years....3 of their own and then foster and adopted children, phillynews.com has a story :yay:
deja vous. :twighlightzonemusic: I coulda sworn I've read this before, in another life maybe.