What a wonderful world we live in.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link

"Female military applicants in Indonesia are subjected to virginity tests - including the discredited "two finger test" to determine if the hymen is intact - in order to recruit the "best people" to the armed forces.

Human Rights Watch is lobbying countries - including Australia - who are attending an international conference on military medicine in Bali next week, to urge Indonesian president Joko Widodo to abolish the "discriminatory and invasive testing".

Indonesian military spokesman Major-General Fuad Basya​ told Fairfax Media virginity tests were performed on female candidates as part of health tests required to enter the military.

It is done in order to get the best people both physically and mentally," General Fuad said.

He said doctors would know if the female candidate had lost her hymen due to an accident or another reason.
She would then have to explain why her hymen was no longer intact.

"If it is due to an accident we can still consider it but if it's due to another reason, well, we cannot accept her."
General Fuad said the tests were already in place in 1977 when he entered the military.

He said military personnel needed to be mentally fit because they had to carry guns to guard Indonesia's integrity and sovereignty. "It is very important." "

Hijinx

Link

"Female military applicants in Indonesia are subjected to virginity tests - including the discredited "two finger test" to determine if the hymen is intact - in order to recruit the "best people" to the armed forces.

Human Rights Watch is lobbying countries - including Australia - who are attending an international conference on military medicine in Bali next week, to urge Indonesian president Joko Widodo to abolish the "discriminatory and invasive testing".

Indonesian military spokesman Major-General Fuad Basya​ told Fairfax Media virginity tests were performed on female candidates as part of health tests required to enter the military.

It is done in order to get the best people both physically and mentally," General Fuad said.

He said doctors would know if the female candidate had lost her hymen due to an accident or another reason.
She would then have to explain why her hymen was no longer intact.

"If it is due to an accident we can still consider it but if it's due to another reason, well, we cannot accept her."
General Fuad said the tests were already in place in 1977 when he entered the military.

He said military personnel needed to be mentally fit because they had to carry guns to guard Indonesia's integrity and sovereignty. "It is very important." "

Ahhhhhh!!!! The old two finger test. In my younger days I gave it often. Integrity was always on my mind.

HoosierDaddy

In a flyover state
notice not one mention of the religious majority in that country

Nor the fact that this character grew up with the same cultural currents during those really formative years.

Obama-Indonesia2.jpg

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Prior to enlisting, my recruiter drove me to the MEPS. I had my first OBGYN examine with no explanation as to what was happening to me, other than I had to have a physical. It was performed by ham fisted man with the face of a sad bulldog who wanted to know all about my sexual encounters as he rammed his hand up my vagina. It was embarrassing, humiliating, painful and degrading. And one I obviously still have not forgotten.

My point, our country does it too. They just don't call it a virginity test.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Prior to enlisting, my recruiter drove me to the MEPS. I had my first OBGYN examine with no explanation as to what was happening to me, other than I had to have a physical. It was performed by ham fisted man with the face of a sad bulldog who wanted to know all about my sexual encounters as he rammed his hand up my vagina. It was embarrassing, humiliating, painful and degrading. And one I obviously still have not forgotten.

My point, our country does it too. They just don't call it a virginity test.

hmm that is shocking, looking for signs of VD ?

I remember the crap I went though when I enlisted, bend over and cough

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
hmm that is shocking, looking for signs of VD ?

I remember the crap I went though when I enlisted, bend over and cough

I don't know for sure, it was never explained to me. I was a virgin, and a bit naive at the time, so it was a very overwhelming experience. One of the girls in boot camp told me they were ensuring we weren't pregnant. :shrug:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I don't know for sure, it was never explained to me. I was a virgin, and a bit naive at the time, so it was a very overwhelming experience. One of the girls in boot camp told me they were ensuring we weren't pregnant. :shrug:

There's just so much not right about what you experienced.What a way to get introduced to service for your country. Not.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
There's just so much not right about what you experienced.What a way to get introduced to service for your country. Not.

That's the point, which is why I shared the story. It's still embarrassing. Sure some girls were and are sexually active prior to enlisting, but a full up extensive ob/gyn exam happens in our country for female recruits, so a two finger check in another country doesn't sound half as brutal.

Don't be so quick to attack their religion or rules, when we do the same if not more. :shrug:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Mig,

That wasn't an OB/GYN doctor. There has always been a crazed Gunny running around in a white tunic pulling that stunt.