What are some of your

SoMDGirl42

JustTodd said:
Well since having my son since he was about 17 months and raising him on my own, I would have to say that it's patience. Patience enough to understand his pain and frustration, love strong enough to pull you through. Yes, single father of one and VERY proud of every thing he is… I couldn’t have asked for more.
:yay: For all the single parents. It's a tough job.

My supermom power is getting a 13 month old to snuggle up with me at night when she's tired and cranky and feeling her physically relax and drift off to sleep.

M

Mousebaby

The only thing I can think of that I am really good at is giving them lots of love and attention! They all seem to be very very happy children! I can't think of too many 14 yr. old boys that still call their mom "mommy" and still snuggles their mom on a regular basis. I think that is the most wonderful thing that he still loves me that way. :huggy:

Geek

Mousebaby said:
The only thing I can think of that I am really good at is giving them lots of love and attention! They all seem to be very very happy children! I can't think of too many 14 yr. old boys that still call their mom "mommy" and still snuggles their mom on a regular basis. I think that is the most wonderful thing that he still loves me that way. :huggy:

Oh, mousebaby, I think that is really sweet. My other favorite trick is being able to make my kids laugh :yay: I think it is the best when I get them to laugh so hard they fall over. Just this morning I got them in the kitchen and said "Listen..Listen really careful..." and when they were really quiet I blew my morning fart. Good times.

M

Mousebaby

Geek said:
Oh, mousebaby, I think that is really sweet. My other favorite trick is being able to make my kids laugh :yay: I think it is the best when I get them to laugh so hard they fall over. Just this morning I got them in the kitchen and said "Listen..Listen really careful..." and when they were really quiet I blew my morning fart. Good times.

:roflmao:

Cowgirl

Well, technically I'm not a mom...but I'm living with my boyfriend who has 2 children. I'm an almost-step-mom. I realized I'm doing a good job when boy said to me, "I love you, and I'm never gonna leave you." And he also said he had two mommies. :huggy: And when baby girl gets cranky and tired and only wants me to hold her. I'm good at comforting them.

jrogers

princess73 said:
Oh and I am also the one in our house that is in charge of knowing were everyone else's stuff is!

:yeahthat: :high5:

This is a talent though -- especially when 9 times out of 10 I have the answer.

Toxick

Splat
I can find annoying internet memes which I unfortunately show my kids that they become obsessed with, and sing and repeat for weeks and weeks.

I used my superhero talent last week by showing my kids the dancing "peanut-butter jelly time" banana.

Before that, I showed them "My Name is Jorggggggg".

Before that it was the Numa-Numa dance.

Before that it was the Crazy Frog.

Before that it was the muppets singing the "Mana-mana" song that they sang in that Diet Cherry Vanilla Doctor Pepper commercial.

They were too young when "All your base are belong to us" was a big thing, and I think they might still be too young to appreciate the source and why its funny.

bohman

My talent is recognizing when mom and daughter need to be separated BEFORE a homicide occurs. (females don't always get along well together)

oldman

Lobster Land
I was a SuperDad by taking in both my sons by myself when each turned 13. Mom had had them and could no longer take it. They were not angels and I did not drown either of them in the tub -although at times I may have thought about it (J/K/). Through all the trials and tribulations (and there were many) both are now living as normal human beings and are as old, or older, than lots of you. I'd do it again in a moment but don't think my heart would be able to stand the strain anymore. A parent just does what a parent is supposed to do to the best of their ability.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Geek said:

:killingme

Careful though! I did the same thing (funny as #### at the time) and now they think it's o.k. to share 'that' information with everyone!!!!! :smack:

:lalala:

bohman

terbear1225 said:
thanks dear, that talent is really handy. I suppose mine is getting piglet dressed before she has time to struggle.

:yeahthat: This is a talent that I don't have, I just get the poor kid's head stuck in the collar of her shirts. terbear also provides the kid with (mostly) matching outfits, 'cause I can't do that either.

I'm still ahead of my own father, though, who normally dressed me with my shoes on the wrong feet. I'm lucky I can walk straight.