what are they building

Curious99

as long as it's on 235 south of hollywood I guess it's in the Lexington Park Town Center.

I do believe it is another shopping center and will be well matched to the one being built across from Wildewood (by the cement plant).

When traffic clogs 235 and the Navy looks to consolidate in the next BRAC (coming very soon), dear State of Maryland and SMC commissioners, don't be surprised if they decide to pull out.

They can add 10 more lanes and 235 still will be improperly designed for what they are doing. There is almost an accident a night during the week because the volume of traffic is high and further compressed by numerous stop lights. Add in the hundreds of entry/exit points leaving motorists the option of U-Turns with or without benefit of a signal, as the only means to access these businesses and homes.

With the build out of Wildwood, another 300 homes at Woods at Myrtle Point, Lexington Exchange (140 acre development) behind Chaney Brothers, things will be pretty jammed up.

ltown81

What irritates me the most is that they don't make the various little developments connect to one another. For instance, how come all the stuff in front of First Colony (Wawa, Starbucks Shopping Center, various offices) all do not have connectors to the road that runs along the back of First Colony's parking lot? All that is there is a thin strip of woods. That would reduce the stress around that intersection a bit.

Also, if they had some sense, they would finish FDR Blvd as a service road, and then limit the lights and access on 235. Won't ever happen with the crew we elect down here however.

BernieP

Resident PIA
What irritates me the most is that they don't make the various little developments connect to one another. For instance, how come all the stuff in front of First Colony (Wawa, Starbucks Shopping Center, various offices) all do not have connectors to the road that runs along the back of First Colony's parking lot? All that is there is a thin strip of woods. That would reduce the stress around that intersection a bit.

Also, if they had some sense, they would finish FDR Blvd as a service road, and then limit the lights and access on 235. Won't ever happen with the crew we elect down here however.

It helps to improve the flow of traffic on 235 to have all those separate entrances / exits. Same reason people fought a mall, I mean why have a variety of businesses under one roof where you can park and just walk from store to store and then to lunch or dinner.

BernieP

Resident PIA
There are a lot of things in the County Comprehensive Plan that will never come to be.

yep, a political wish list. Problem is the county can set rules and make plans, but they aren't the ones investing millions to develop a piece of land.
Which is why it's almost a bet that one store front will be a liquor store and a maybe a nail place... because that's who will rent that space.

officeguy

What irritates me the most is that they don't make the various little developments connect to one another. For instance, how come all the stuff in front of First Colony (Wawa, Starbucks Shopping Center, various offices) all do not have connectors to the road that runs along the back of First Colony's parking lot? All that is there is a thin strip of woods. That would reduce the stress around that intersection a bit. .

That 'thin strip of woods' is also a federal railway right of way. When I talked to one of the developers who has property along 235, he said that building a driveway across that ROW is rather complicated. It looks like the 'St Marys marketplace' folks got themselves the required permits.