What are you reading?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm involved in "A Girl Called Samson" which is a historical fiction novel about Deborah Sampson, who posed as a man to fight in the Revolutionary War. Not only interesting about her life, but about the War of Independence in general.

So what are you reading?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Chapter #1

IMG_3532.jpeg

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Listening to the GPS if I have to get off the interstate. Otherwise, 40 to 85 to 95 to 301 and you know the rest.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan, Walking Through Middle Earth by Alaric Albertsson, Morituri by Barry Sadler and The Art of Living by Epictetus.

I switch between books, a chapter or so at a time.

HemiHauler

Is this a good read or is it dry and wonky? I like accessible history and would absolutely read this, but not if it's presented by the world's worst history professor.
It’s quite academic, but accessible. It’s about what I look for in these types of books. I don’t feel it’s long-winded and superfluous.

Looking for a similar treatment of the Gauls, with a focus on Caesar’s conquests in that region to queue up next.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Next up when I have time, I'd like to reread Are You There God, Its Me Margaret. I read it back then and it was supposed to be so shocking and now being cx. I don't recall anything bad, other than talking about having your first period.

HemiHauler

I'm involved in "A Girl Called Samson" which is a historical fiction novel about Deborah Sampson, who posed as a man to fight in the Revolutionary War. Not only interesting about her life, but about the War of Independence in general.

So what are you reading?
I would also recommend if you’re into Knights Templar and conspiracies.

IMG_3744.jpeg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Next up when I have time, I'd like to reread Are You There God, Its Me Margaret. I read it back then and it was supposed to be so shocking and now being cx. I don't recall anything bad, other than talking about having your first period.
I read that back when.

NOTSMC

John Jakes books. Remember The Bastard, Seekers, Furies, Titans, North and South etc. Good summer reads - don't like heavy in the summer. Trying to find Once an Eagle to reread when I'm finished.