What do you call it?

AMP

Jersey attitude.
Dixie said:
This is my future ex wife.

:twitch: That's kinda trippy. I like it because people might not get it the first time, but might be too embarassed to ask. heehee Thanks!

D

Dixie

AMP said:
:twitch: That's kinda trippy. I like it because people might not get it the first time, but might be too embarassed to ask. heehee Thanks!

You're welcome. Believe it or not it's paraphrased from Jurrasic Park.

somdcrab

:yeahthat: :yeahthat: :popcorn:
chaotic said:
If you are friends, you could just say, "This is my friend Hildy. Hildy, this is Geert." If you aren't friends anymore, why are you socializing?

That doesn't mean I didn't find it awkward, while I was separated. Now that I am divorced, I am no longer "divorced", I am "not married." Less a need to explain anything, and I don't get judgement-looks.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
crabcake said:
I may not need all 12, but 6 will leave me thirsty for a 7th. :yum:

As someone who very rarely drinks, that sounds like a lot of brew... I do enjoy watching others tie one on, so :cheers:

Pete

Repete
AMP said:
How do you introduce or refer to a spouse from whom one has been separated for several years, divorce coming as soon as wife gets a job with benefits. Not with friends, but with casual acquaintances, new people, etc.

"my soon to be ex"?
"my ex"?
"Joe/Sue"?

It is socially embarassing when someone says "ex" but then launches into the explanation of how they are separated but not divorced yet but will be at some point, even though they are still good friends... :blahblah: But how else to put it? If you say "ex" people ask if you are dating, then you have to backtrack and say, "well, we're really not divorced yet..."
Defendant? :shrug:

Pete

Repete
On the social roster back when I was in the Navy I felt bad because I did not have anything in the spouse column so I wrote "Defendant". the goofball YN just typed it. The CMC didn't think it was funny at first but he let me keep it.

meme

The Smart Hooker
Hmmmm....Before I was divorced my ex came to visit our daughter. At one point we were on good terms till I found out he had been sleeping with a much older woman the time we were married...so while he was down I introduced him to a few of my friends as "This is the arse hole that has been F$#%^*&^ someone my mothers age."

Needless to say we don't speak! :lmao:

Your best bet is to introduce your soon to be ex by their first name.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Mine is referred to as "That funny decaying smell behind the University Place Apartments in VA Bch" not that I know anything about that at all. :whistle: